cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am under the beliefe video calls have worked for quite some time on this phone.

Flash is also not a software update. This phone does not have the hardware to support it. They never promised flash.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I haven't gotten the update yet, but does this update include a fix for the "back" button problem where it backs out of apps randomly? I see that it says that it fixes a problem with search. If it still back out of apps, this thing is going back to Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know somebody's gotta be last...but why does it have to be me?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry, don't know.  I had heard of a random re-boot problem being related to a possible loose wire from being dropped.  Just an (unrelated?) thought.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have experience that Qik, Fring, et al don't work.  I even have beta subscriptions to some.  What app do you use for video chat??

Highlighted
Journeyman

im in seattle and people have gotten their updates here but i still havent gotten mine, talked to ATS this morning and they said its the google server putting it out and theyre going by where you stand on the server.  all i know is i want this damn update today, the wait is killing me lol.  although i went into the store to have them install it and the morons told me we werent getting the update, just the epic and tab.  sad when we know more than the store techs, even the ATS rep got a kick out of that.

Highlighted
Journeyman

use TANGO it DOES work with video conference you just have to have the other person downlaod the same application however so you won't be able to chat with someone who has skype or any other program.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes as stated above the tango update released awhile back allowed tango for video chat on these phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks for the info, i was wondering how to use video calls on this thing, i actually miss my intercept after these update headaches and lack of update yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

called Sprint store again. Asked about TRANSFORM. They said yes, they have the 2.3 for EPIC. I said TRANSFORM. They said, wait, let me check. He checks. Then says, we don't have the software yet but we can search for it and call me back by end of day if they find it; and took my name and number.

Was very friendly but just wasn't informed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in San Antonio, TX & saw the update notice at 5:45AM Central Time... Froyo Update 41.2MB is ready to install or something like that. I was not pleased with a few quirks.

1. Recieved a call and could not see the caller ID, and when I swiped to answer it locked up and kept vibrating... had to pull battery.

2. Market had to update over again, was old style.

3. While in applications menu, locked up, and did not respond until after about 3 minutes.

4. Pressing menu key within an app or system settings seems sluggish.

5. Still no Flash 10 support?!

However, along with new stuff Swype, My Files, Sprint Hotspot, Task Manager... the App to SD card option is really nice to have.

I hope the bugs I experienced were flukes and that I just had to power cycle a couple of times.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone that got the 2.2 update also has the new never-seen-before keeps-vibrating 'feature.' I could not figure out how to reproduce it.  I got out of it by hitting the back or homw soft keys a few times.

I agree Swype is very nice, esp. once you ge tused to it.  I had it stock on my first phone and have been a beta user for the Transform.

Hot Spot is nice too.  Used to have to root to get that. Not sure how much good a 3G or even 4G hot spot is.  I think data rates are close to dial up.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat