cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Highlighted
Journeyman

6:40 pm in NYC no update yet

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay because even with that being said: when I logged on to Sprint, under my phone, yesterday, it said that there was an update available, but today it isn't there.

Are they going to post the link online at exactly midnight if we don't receive the update today because I'm very eager to get this update.

Highlighted
Wizard

If you check the thread I posted, there's a link in it to the maintenance release blog, it includes this type of information which is standard for all the Transform updates.  There is not a download (or OTW file) available for this update.  If you do not receive it by midnight, you can visit a Service & Repair center to have your phone updated.     

- Updates are available OTA (over the air) only and are 'pushed' to devices in stages.  Device selection is random.

- If you do not receive the update, try downloading or updating an application from the Android Market to ensure your

device is visible to the Google servers.  The update is pushed from Google.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just logged into my account, went to "my device" and looked....it now says the 2.2 update was released on the 22nd not the 21st...sooooo maybe they are going to keep "pushing" the upgrade through the 25th and today is not the last day......

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay. Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

6PM here in Bourbonnais, IL and still waiting rather impatiently for this update.  It's only been three months, I don't know why I'm impatient.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know that not every support agent is going to be the best at there job but you think they would all have the same information pool, that you wouldnt get a differnet answer everytime you call and or chat with them. Its irritating and at the same time confusing because you think to yourself, where do they get the misinformation, all the differnet answers. Sometimes i acutally think they just sit there, with the standard anime confused look on there face, and after about 2 minutes they just write the first thing they can think of. Ok rant over.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SE PA.- still wating

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a question about the update (still waiting for it)

After our phones are updated to 2.2, what happens if I do a factory reset (settings > privacy> factory reset). Will it restore the phone to Eclair, or will Froyo be the new default?

Highlighted
Journeyman

anyone else not able to update PRL, Profile, or Firmware?

Is that bad ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I can't update PRL or Firmware either. And Update Android still does nothing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I was sitting browsing the web on my phone at my son's martial arts class this evening and I noticed my phone was running really slow.  I exited the browser, but I noticed my data lights were on solid and stayed solid for about 7-10 minutes, then all of a sudden I got the notice for the update.  I guess it was downloading the update...not sure if it helped that I was doing a bunch of Google serached 🙂 ...anyway, I hit update and about 7 minutes later it was done...had no issues.  Phone is up and running and so far so good.  I also have a LG Optimus that I go back and forth between it and the Transform.  Speed wise, I still think the Optimus is just a tad bit faster, but after the update the Transform is running a lot smoother and more responsive.  No phone call yet, but since I use my phones for work, I am sure it will get a good excerise tomorrow.

I thought I would have to manually update tomorrow morning, but glad it came across this evening...it will give me some time to play tonight.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat