cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Highlighted
Journeyman

If you are referring to Moving Apps to SD Card:

Go to Settings, Applications, Manage Applications.  From there, click on each App and you shall have an option to "move to SD"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is anyone having a problem with speed?  My phone is moving so very slow.  It's ridiculous. 

My phone worked better BEFORE the update.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

It won't let me move all my apps to sd

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not all apps can be moved to sd, especially sprint's built in apps; they can't be uninstalled either.

if u have problem with speed, try backing up everything and doing a factory reset.

i don't have a problem with speed, it's actually snappy; but it does occasionally become sluggish.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can't move all of your apps to SD.  Games are an easy thing to move to sd. Especially because some take up a large amount of system space and don't need to be on your system storage to work.  Anything that launches on its own or has access to system devices (GPS, WiFi, etc) probably will need to be on your device itself. Basically if an app has access to system settings and a few other things, it can't be installed to SD.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay!  I'm going to back everything up (there's not much) and do a factory reset.

I am about ready to throw this phone out a window!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is my first android phone, and had 2 blackberrys prior.  I can honestly say I won't be buying a Blackberry soon. I love my transform now that it has 2.2 and can save apps to sd card.  And the swype keyboard is pretty awesome too!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do you enable the SWIPE keyboard? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Settings>language & keyboard

Highlighted
Journeyman

settings>>laguage and keyboard>>check swype...uncheck android>>swype settings to personalize

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im ready to throw this thing out the window!  Ive only had this phone for a few months and I have had more problems with the transform than any other phone Ive ever owned.  It is slow. It doesnt always respond to touch and it keeps turning off on me randomly.  The update made things worse!  Im not sure what to do...I can afford a new phone yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have mine since first of Feburary.  Only trouble I had was the OTA push last week, but luckily my friends at the sprint store, fixed my problem

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat