Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Journeyman

Well, it's 8 a.m. here in Ohio and still no update. 

More waiting........

Journeyman

i got mine this morning at 06:00 central time, sprint hotspot added, myfiles app, swype, task manager app, phne does seem faster, hvnt really tested it with games yet, camera loads alot faster, options are easier to access, email interface is different, calender interface is also different, market updated,

Journeyman

Well, with my luck I am going to get it in the very last push tomorrow or have to update manually on Friday....really wish  I don't have to though. But I guess we Floridians just have to wait.

To any one who has the update, does your hotspot feature work? That's one of the things I am now most interested in with this update as I do alot of traveling, and staying in remote places.

Journeyman

Still waiting in Vermont also...impatiently

Journeyman

Still waiting in Alabama 0800 here.  phones been so buggy last two days!  So ready for this update!!!!!

Patron

9:15 here in ocala, florida. still waiting

Journeyman

Wife just got the update this morning (Los Angeles), don't know what time but it was ready to install when we woke up.  Bluetooth now works with our MINI (07-10).  Before it wouldn't work, it would force close.

The long wait was worth it

The only thing I wish for now is flash support

Journeyman

So I'm not the only one in Ocala waiting for the update at least.

Journeyman

lewiston idaho and no update and im with jsnewsproject i really dont want to have to manually update it, i think its cool that you now have a new file manager, does the user interface or the overall look different? like a change in the notification bar?

Journeyman

I'm still left waiting for update in Atlanta, Georgia. You're not alone.

Journeyman

Nothing in Hartford, CT yet 😞

Patron

do the google servers even know that ocala is a real city? Im thinking manual update aswell

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat