Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Journeyman

JsNewProject wrote:

Well, I had to check, and yes, Google Earth finds Ocala....so maybe they realize we're here...

LOL  that is funny!!

Patron

and we even have street view. amazing

Journeyman

Seriously, Sprint. How long does it take to update all of the 1000 Transform users?

Journeyman

I called my local sprint store to see if they would load it on, they said there was a bug with the 2.2 update for the transforms and that they wouldnt do it.

Journeyman

I tried calling my store in Iowa and they told me the update wasn't out yet so they couldn't update my transform. I can't wait to get this update. So supposedly we can check for the update manually ourselves after the 25th?

Journeyman

So wait only as far as Kansas the update has gone? 3 days and only Kansas? Cmon Sprint and Google push that Sh*t further!! get it out to everyone. And I agree with Dangle this thread is an emotional attachment, maybe we can start complaining for 3.1?? hahahahahaha. If anyone in PA or east coast gets the update please post!!

Journeyman

here in Dallas, tx and we have not gotten anything yet, two Transforms in this house....driving me crazy!!! Don't want to take them to the store they seem to be pretty inept....probly screw them up.......

Journeyman

Still chillin' & waiting for the update in the S.F. Bay Area.  In preparation of the update, I've already uninstalled Advance AppKiller, Launcher Pro, File Manager base on the reports I'm reading here that we're going to get which is cool.  My problem is that everytime I hear a notification on my phone, I keep checking it going, "is this IT!!!!   Man....(see's an email/text from whoever)."

Journeyman

Farifield County CT...I got it, I got it!  Hope the rest of you get it soon.  Going to uninstall Launcher Pro for a bit to see if there is any difference.  Would love to dump Sprint ID.  Only problem I've found so far is Live Wallpaper is not working.  The apps I've downloaded so far say this device is not supported.  I thought all I needed was 2.2, but...

Journeyman

I will miss my launcher pro Icons on the dock.  Anyone know how to keep those since we wont need launcher after the 2.2 update?

Journeyman

Looks like the East Coast has the update. How's about the Midwest Sprint!

Journeyman

Eh I am in the east coast and still no update here. I guess I will just keep waiting and hope for it to come by tommorow.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat