Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

Journeyman

Android 2.2 for the Samsung Transform

It has been far too long of a wait, and as a long-standing customer, I would like to be heard. We need the Android to be updated on the Samsung Transform from 2.1 to 2.2, this has gone on long enough. By the time you actually give us 2.2, everyone else will be on 2.3. There isn't much incentive to buy a phone if the LARGE company that sells it isn't willing to keep it updated. It is ridiculous that tiny companies like Metro PCS already have droid phones on 2.2, while SPRINT is still pushing them stock with 2.1. Consider your customers, and give us the upgrade, please.

Sidenote about the Transform: What is the point of a front-facing camera if you can't use it for video chat?

Message was edited by: takashistorm11

887 REPLIES 887
Journeyman

Yeah I am. Tried my old motorola ear piece and people compalined it sounded like crap. So I bough a new samsung ear piece and it is still the same. Dont know what to do. I am really not happy with this phone.

Journeyman

I rooted my phone. Was worth staying up till 2 am that night. It's not perfect but much better in performance and fewer bugs that stock. I can at least tolerate it now. Will hang on to it for 2 years, then move up to 4G and pay $40/mo. Till then, i'm sticking with the $30/mo till contract expires in 1.5 years.

Sprint Employee

I use a sony MEX BT-2600, and a motorola HT820, they work as well as they had on any other phone. if you are having trouble with people hearing you over bluetooth then you may want to have the phone checked in a service & repair center. of unpairing, relocating to a low traffic area and repairing offers no improvement.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

@bonbonb727

The samsung transform only has about 153 mb of internal memory on it. about 100 mb is necessary software that the phone needs to work properly. With the new update you can transfer your apps over to the sd card freeing up space on your internal memory, Sprint supplies you with a free 2gb memory card, other than that you will have to buy  bigger one. Once you transfer the apps over you will notice that your phone is much faster as I have also run into the same problem in the past.

Journeyman

let me start off buy saying this. The samsung transform is an excellent phone. Sure it has its problems, but what piece of technology doesnt? and Sprint is pushing companies like samsung to come out with phones  so fast that have small problems because they are tring to compete and phones are designed and produced so fast now a days that nothing is made with quality. if you are going to blame anyone blame samsung not sprint. sprint doesnt make the phones just supplies them... if you wanna see how you can fix this problem read my sotry on this link http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/54922

Journeyman

Gtocar:  I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here.  The Transform has always allowed transfer of apps over to the SD card (depending on whether the developer allows it).  This is nothing new.

Sprint Employee

Hello bermuda6, I believe gtocar was referring to the phone prior to the EB28 update back in march, before that it was running android 2.1, which unfortunately did not offer the ability to move a bulk of some apps to SD.

Journeyman

I guess so.  It's just odd that the post was from July 9th.  Anyway, let's figure out how to get Adobe Flash on this device.

Sprint Employee

I'd noticed that since my phone updated from EB28 to EF09 that Flash player 10.3 was listed for me in the Android market, I have been able to download the package but see package file invalid when it tries to install. Adobe claims that Google's market filter had failed showing the app as available and it cannot run on our phone because it does not have a processor that uses the ARM 7 instruction set (it has the Samsung S3C6410 which uses the ARM 6 instruction set it is based on the ARM1176JZF-s). you can email them fpmobile@adobe.com, I'm certain they will tell you the same.

Journeyman

I'm having horribles issues with my Transform.

My "Home" Button won't work, camera button on the side doesn't work, thing freezes up after a call and I can't call anyone for a whole minute or two, I don't get calls (but my daugther with a cheaper phone, same network gets them) and it's just really 'wiggy'.

I can't imagine going on with this phone another year with this contract I am locked into - this phone is the worst! I deleted a bunch of apps, and pictures and the thing is just really buggy.  I am fed up with it!

Sprint Employee

How much internal storage is available? You can see this in menu>settings>sd card & phone storage. do you have any task killers/security software installed? have you recently cleared your call log or old sms messages?

Journeyman

total space 1.84 GB

Available Space 1.78 GB

I do have a task killer app

I just cleared the call log.. wasn't many calls there.

Internal phone storage 25.48

thanks!

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat