cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic network-provided time zone value is incorrect in 60102.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Automatic network-provided time zone value is incorrect in 60102.

Hi,

This morning I woke up, looked at my phone and saw that the time was 5:29 AM. I looked at the window and thought outside was a little too bright to be 5:29 in the morning. Looked at the date & time settings of the phone and it said it was on Mountain time zone. Should be Central. Is there a problem with the time server in the area? I'm in Algonquin, IL. so obviously I'm nowhere near the Mountain time zone line.

Noticed that when I went to Highland Park, the time zone is correct.

Thanks,

Time Warp confused.

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: Automatic network-provided time zone value is incorrect in 60102.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I would suggest  you to powercycle(pull battery and put battery back in after 1 min) and update your device profile(Press Home > Menu, then tap Settings. Scroll up and tap About phone-Tap System Updates. Phone will display the following message for approximately two minutes while programming is in progress).Check is device time zone shows correct time.Let me know.

Thanks

Abe

Journeyman

Abe. I've done all you suggested. While the time itself is correct. The time zone now reads Eastern Standard Time. Again this only happens when I am at home. If I go to another town like Barrington, Buffalo Grove, Highland Park, etc.  the time zone corrects itself to Central Daylight Time. I think this is an issue with the cell tower in this town.

Thanks

Brian

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem today. An Option on my phone is "Network time zone" on/off.  It was on. When I turn it off it shows the network time zone to be Detroit, United States of America (EDT).  I'm in Elgin IL. not to far from Brian. Zip code 60120.

John

Journeyman

I'm in Algonquin too (60102) on the Elgin/Huntley side. My wife and I both have EVOs and just today hers now shows an Eastern time zone. It threw off all of her alarms. My phone though still has the correct time zone. It could be something wrong with the network in our area although I don't know why it hasn't affected my phone yet.

Master

MAGNET1101-I would suggest  you to powercycle(pull battery and put battery back in after 1 min) and update your device profile(Press Home > Menu, then tap Settings. Scroll up and tap About phone-Tap System Updates-Update profile. Let me know.

Thanks

Abe

Journeyman

Thanks for the suggestion, Abe. After my initial post, my wife's phone was going back and forth at times between Eastern and Central. Mine was fine until late last night when it went to Eastern and was still that way this morning. Anyway, I just did the Profile update and my phone immediately went back to showing the correct time (Central Time). My wife's phone was showing the correct time as well (at that particular moment), but I did the update on her phone too since it had been waffling between the two time zones. Usually when something odd like that happens, I first power cycle and then if that doesn't work, I check for system updates, but this time for some reason I didn't do the update check.

Anyway, thanks for the help and hopefully that takes care of it.

Journeyman

Just a quick follow-up. It looks like the profile update didn't resolve it. Both our phones are still randomly jumping between time zones. Also, about the same time this started, we noticed that we can hear our own voices in the ear piece when talking to others on the phone. It happens on both of our Evos. Not sure if they are indeed related though. If it does have something to do with the network around here, then hopefully, it won't take Sprint too long to fix whatever it is.

Journeyman

We also have this issue with the time zone, I can be driving down US30 in Plainfield/Aurora area and it bounces between times zones about every 100 feet or so.  That doesn't bother me as much as the dropped call issue, but this week I've seen some improvement in calls not dropping, at least not as frequently.

We have been also having issues with our Sprint connections for the last two years.  There have been several towers in our area that are being updated and cause us to constantly drop calls.  Lately tho, in the last 2 months or so, it has gotten progressively worse.  We have talked to Sprint Tech Support almost every day in the last 2 weeks, and last Thursday my husband talked to an Engineer who told us they were going to have someone go out and check on the towers to make sure the transmitters are positioned properly.  Supposedly a tower was just put back in service, but I still drop calls, sometimes as frequently as every 2 minutes.  It gets very frustrating.    Hopefully these problems will be resolved soon.

Karen

Wizard

If you have already done a profile update, then I suspect this is a side effect of the upgrades in your area. I'm showing all seven towers in Algonquin are currently being upgraded. I would appreciate it if you check back with me via PM or over this thread next week. (Plus, although I now live in Denver, I went to Glenbard North HS, so I have to help out people from my home town.)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat