Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find and update the software version on your Samsung Transform

Journeyman

Find and update the software version on your Samsung Transform

Since we applied this update both my phone and my wifes have been locking up frequently, running slow, and sometimes we can't even answer the phone!  Is anyone else seeing this - is Sprint doing something about this?  Samsung?  We are considering Verizon! 

8 REPLIES 8
Master

So sorry to hear about your frustration.  Sometimes updates such as this will require a reset to manufacturer defaults to get things in order.  I will say, however, that low memory can cause the issues your describing ~ locking up frequently, running slow, not being able to answer the phone. ~ Have you checked your memory for the phone?  Home - Menu - Settings - SD and Phone Storage - Internal phone storage.  We're showing your phone comes with 256MB of internal RAM.  And as a rule of thumb, anything over 90% can cause issues for any computer.  So, do you have more than 25MBs free? 

File Expert is a pretty good application from the Market that allows you to see the files on your phone, move them around, and backup your applications to the SD.  Your contacts can be exported to the SD from Contacts - Menu - Import/Export - Export to SD.  Any texts can be forwarded to an email which saves them in your email.  Picture Mails can be either forwarded the same way, or tap and hold on the picture to copy it to your SD. 

Resetting the phone will not affect your storage card.  If you've checked your memory, backed everything up, try returning to factory defaults and see if this clears your issues. 

Resetting the Samsung Transform

1. Turn the phone off.
  2. From an off state, press and hold the volume down and voice signal key, (opposite sides), then hold the power button. Release the buttons when the screen comes on.
  3. Android system recovery screen.
  4. Use Volume keys to select your option, (wipe data/factory reset)
  5. Voice signal key to confirm. (Warning ** ALL user data will be completely wiped out!)
  6. Press VOLUME UP key to CONTINUE or VOLUME DOWN key to EXIT **
  7. Screen returns to “Android system recovery” with “Data wipe complete.” Reboot system now will be selected.
  8. Voice signal to confirm.

If none of the above steps are resolving your issue, please feel free to contact me via private message by clicking on my avatar.  I'm more than happy to help. 

Tom

Sprint Advanced Technical Support

Wizard

I have a Transform as well, this seems to be an issue with the phone that is semi-common. It's mainly due to the phone not having enough memory. The newest updates to the software have something called Task Manager built in, go to the RAM Manager tab and see how much free memory you have.

Unfortunately the Transform only has 161mb of RAM as opposed to most Android phones that have 250-400mb. The OS takes up around 115mb, and any running processes that you have on the phone will usually fill up 25-40mb.

Journeyman

Has anyone here considered upgrading to the Transform Ultra? My original Transform that I sold because I wanted Gingerbread work just fine. Now I have the Transform Ultra which has Gingerbread on it and a faster processor and it's really good!

Journeyman

Buying the Transform Ultra is like watching the sequel to a bad movie.  Why bother?

Journeyman

I think you're wrong about this. My Transfor Ultra work really good! I very happy with it!

Journeyman

not everyone can afford to get the newer version of their phone. Also We arnt talking about the Ultra. So it doesnt matter if the ultra works fine or not...

Journeyman

It would be great if you update the original Transform to Gingerbread Android but I'm not sure there's a update for it!

Journeyman

i have a transform ultra that worked awsome i loved the phone untill last week when android did an update i let the phone update the android system and now i cant even get a roaming signal in downtown baltimore md thnx for the update that makes my phone not work android

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat