cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Just Want a Phone That Works! Advice?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Just Want a Phone That Works! Advice?

I am on my 3rd Transform and it is a horrible phone.  After the 2nd Transform failed, I was given the option of a "Zio," which was actually worse.  So now number 3 is doing the same nonsense as the other 2...freezing, randomly restarting, can't answer calls, not sending/receiving texts, can't use any apps, etc.  Of course my contract isn't up until March 2012 and if I go to another company, I will be charged some crazy termination fee, which I think is absurd given that having a phone that works should be a material part of the contract they aren't performing on.  I'm not asking for much...just a phone I can actually use that isn't a Transform or one of the "comparable" phones.

Has anyone had any success getting a functional phone after the Transform?  I can't go until March with a phone I can't even use to make calls on a regular basis but I don't know what else to say to get Sprint to realize it is a problem with the model and not an individual phone. 

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: I Just Want a Phone That Works! Advice?

I have the transfrom as well.  I've talked to 4 different people at Sprint and NO ONE will help me.  They "try" to help me by telling me I get an upgrade in January, but really I'm paying $90 (after taxes, etc) for service that I cannot even use because they sold a device that doesn't handle the technology.  To me that is false advertising and they need to stand behind their products.  I don't care if it is the manufacturer's error.  You as a company choose to sell that product.  And I am YOUR customer...not Samsung's.  The worst part is that I got this phone because Sprint didn't have the iPhone yet.  It came out 3 months after I got this phone.  I'm so irritated right now that I called and it's only $50 for me to cancel my contract (it's up in March).  At this point, I think it's worth cancelling and going to a company that values me and actually takes care of my issues.  A company that doesn't think a hard reset fixes everything.  A hard reset doesn't fix everything.  It makes it work for a couple more months and then all the problems start over again.  Plus, I have to take more time setting up everything in my phone again.  I'm suposed to be able to use this phone for work email, GPS, etc.  I'm lucky if I can even get the email program to come up.  Sometimes the phone will not even turn on once I've turned it off.  Ridiculous.

The sad part is, my family has been with Sprint for 10 years or so.  Way to value your loyal customers.

Journeyman

Re: I Just Want a Phone That Works! Advice?

I have both a transform and a transform ultra and I'm having the same problems as you. I have called sprint so much they are on speed dial!  This version of phone is horrible as you cant text, make or recieve calls inside or outside my home.  I am going to a store tomorrow and something has to be done about this as I cant take it anymore.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat