Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My transform wont go beyond start up screen

Highlighted
Journeyman

My transform wont go beyond start up screen

So my phone has been freezing up and sluggish so I have to reboot more often than not, but lately its been getting to the point that it takes hours before the startup screen that says samsung actually goes away, now again I have to reboot but the screen just wont go away I can not use my phone or anything anybody can help?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hello MEROG08,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your phone. Based on the information provided, it seems that you may be experiencing a software issue. I would recommend taking your device into a local Sprint Repair Center for diagnostics. Please use the following link to find one near you: http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/search.aspx?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Store%E2%80%9D target=%E2%80%9D_blank

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
CD

Highlighted
Wizard

Sorry to step in CDTechAdvocate, but if the phone will not boot any longer past the start screen MEROG08 can complete a hard reset via the keys on the phone, which is what the store will have to do to resolve the issue. Keep in mind MEROG08, this will reset your phone back to factory defaults, and any personal information such as ringers, call history, text message history and applications will be wiped from the phone. As long as your contacts are sync'd with your Google account, they will be restored to your device once you sign back into your account. These steps should take care of your issue and save a trip to the store unless the freezing/locking persist after resetting.

Here are the steps if you wish to proceed:

Power down phone (remove and reinsert battery if phone is frozen in "on" state)
Press and hold both the "volume down" and "voice dial" buttons Press and hold the power on button.
Once the word "SAMSUNG" appears on the screen, release all 3 buttons.
The progress bar will appear and continue across the screen. When it finishes, you are then presented with a menu which includes options to boot the phone normally and perform a factory reset.
Use the volume up/down buttons to choose the desired function, and the "voice dial" button to initiate the action
*Edit: sorry, grabbed wrong instructions originally.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat