cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification ringtone for samsung transform?

Journeyman

I've searched all over the internet and i can't figure out how to get a new tone for my notifications. I did it a few times when i first got my phone, i just made ringtones off of myxer.com and downloaded them to my phone. but now when i do that they don't pop up in my sound folder for notifications, only for my phone's ringtone. and i dont understand why. Does anyone know how to get a text tone on my phone? So frustrating...

6 REPLIES
Journeyman

Im sorry I have that same problem, actually I am really sick of this phone period

Journeyman

sarawr123, perhaps you're placing your custom ringtones in the wrong folder to be accessible for your notifications in your SD card.  Have you tried placing them as well in sdcard/media/audio/notifications?  Also, perhaps this thread will help:

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-faq-how-tos/1104-set-custom-notification-tone.html

Sprint Employee

Hello Sarawr123. apart from making sure you are using the path media/audio/notifications on the sd card you will also want to be sure that the file is an acceptable file format like mid, .mp3, .ogg, .wav, or .wma. if you have used the Myxer app, you may want to try removing it to see if that helps, many people who use android phones have had trouble after using myxer and have had to reset their phone to recover, to make it easier you may want to download ringdroid from the market, it will allow you to use audio files from the SD card, cut them to an appropriate length then save them to device as music, an alarm, a notification, or as a ringtone.(it will auto save to the folders in media/audio. please let me know if this answer helps you.

Journeyman

RC1024, thanks you!! Ringdroid was free, fast and easy to use! It is good to have representatives at sprint who are willing to help and really do their homework. THANK YOU!

Journeyman

Re: Notification ringtone for samsung transform?

You can browse through the Android Market to look for applications that offer ringtones. I have the Zedge app on my phone. This is a free app that not only has notification beeps, but also wallpapers and ringtones that you can choose for your phone. It's fun and easy to use. You can choose hundreds of different wallpapers, ringtones, and notification beeps in one session. You can pick your favorites, and Zedge will save them for you so you can use them later. Or you can browse through the 3 categories at any time. Loyal contributors are always adding content for other users to share.  Have fun exploring!!!!

Journeyman

Re: Notification ringtone for samsung transform?

Many of the free soundboard apps also allow you to "hold" one of the sounds and set it as a notification or default tone. Good luck!

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.