cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINT ID - installation problem - it says network unavailable

Journeyman

i have upgraded to a samsung transform and installing sprint id has been a problem!

it has been activated which means i can make calls but i can't get to the menu without installing and id first. everytime i click on install an id

it says on the screen NETWORK UNAVAILABLE - mobile network connection is required to view this content. please check your connection and try again. so i kept on retrying. nothing. i have called customer service and what they did was to deep reset the phone and thats what i did and then the lady told me that the phone was blocked for download so she unblocked that but when the phone reset it basically did the same thing. i can't install an id and says network unavailable...

installing id on my LG optimus S was never a problem. my activation on that phone went thru smoothly.

please help.

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Hey hope this helps. I also have a Transform and had the same problem. First make sure you are not on wifi-- it says that it will not work over wifi. Next make sure you have a strong signal--- I had to go outside to get mine to connect after pressing retry about 5 times. Lastly mine would not connect for some reason when my battery was low so maybe charge it a little. I don't know if any of  this will help you but it worked for me after having some of the problems you explained. Enjoy your Transform and heres to hoping for the Froyo update tomorrow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was just with my aunt and friend at a Sprint store the other day. When they were trying to load the Sprint ID it was saying the same thing. Due to the fact it was happening so much and so long, we came to the conclusion the Google server that is for the Sprint ID was down. About an hour or two later I had them try it afain and it worked. Therefore having to be the server. I hope this helps everyone!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat