cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Transform - Adobe Flash Player

Journeyman

I received the following message on my Samsung Transform - You must install the Flash browser plugin to view this contect.  Does anyone know where I can find this plugin?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: Samsung Transform - Adobe Flash Player

The Adobe Flash plugin requires Android 2.2. Currently the Transform runs on Android 2.1. The Transform will be receiving Android 2.2 but we do not have a date for release yet.

Journeyman

Do you have any sort of ETA now about when the Transform will be moving up to 2.2? I thought I was getting a flash capable phone when I bought this.  Otherwise I would have gone with an evo..

Journeyman

Hey there.  Any word on an ETA for the Transform getting 2.2?

Journeyman

Let's hope you find this, since your last post was so long ago. The Transform is alledgedly getting 2.2 OTA (Over The Air)  begging today. That's the good news. Now, for the bad news...unless Adobe releases a different Flash player, the Tranform will never support Flash. The processor in the Transform does not meet the system requirements for the player. Flash requires an arm7 processor. The Tranform only has an arm6 processor. In short, no flash for us.

Journeyman

So us people with a Samsung Transform and Andriod 2.2 and need Adobe Flash Player what are some of the solutions? There has to be a work around.

Highlighted
Journeyman

its never gonna happen, right above its been put plain & simple. nobody's gonna write/patch flash for a phone with 2009 internals (look up the m900 moment or m910 intercept, shares near exact internals.)

seansibbitt wrote:

Let's hope you find this, since your last post was so long ago. The Transform is alledgedly getting 2.2 OTA (Over The Air)  begging today. That's the good news. Now, for the bad news...unless Adobe releases a different Flash player, the Tranform will never support Flash. The processor in the Transform does not meet the system requirements for the player. Flash requires an arm7 processor. The Tranform only has an arm6 processor. In short, no flash for us.

Sprint Employee

hello all, it is true that at this time and seemingly in the future Flash player is not available for the Samsung Transform. on the other hand some browsers like Skyfire are described in the market as being able to render flash by converting it to html on their web server.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat