cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Transform ringtones ~ HELP!

Go to solution
Journeyman

Ok so I was having trouble getting my ringtones to show up with my default pre-loaded ringtone selection.  I was told I needed a 'file manager' & I went & loaded the free app, ASTRO to manage files.. So now that I have it, I have no clue what to do next.  Was told something about directories and creating new subfolders but I got completely lost tryin' to figure it out... Getting more frustrated as time goes on.. Please help, I consider myself cpu savy altho Im lost on this one..

Thx for any help,

Lucas

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Try downloading an app from the Android market..its called RINGTONE (looks like a little equalizer on fire) . You can pretty much type in any song and find a ringtone , that will than be stored on your sd card or you can turn your music files on your SD card into ringtones.

Journeyman

create a directory on your sdcard for media. it should look like so:

"sdcard/media/audio/ringtones"

"sdcard/media/audio/notifications"

"sdcard/media/audio/alarms"

so you have "media" folder, inside that one you have "audio" folder, and 3 folders inside that one called "ringtones", "notifications", and "alarms"

place your tones inside the respective folders and you will see them when you select tones as you normally would.

Journeyman

Thx Huss,

I'd heard several reasons why I couldnt get the tones to show up.. This post is dead-on Correct.  Did the process word for word & BAM! I had all my ringtones at my command..

Thx again,

Lucas

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat