cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Transform

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Transform

I've had my Transform over a month now.  Still like, but don't love it like I did before.  This week, it's been freezing on any incoming call.  So I've been playing a LOT of phone tag.  I rebooted today and I think it is fixed now <crossing fingers>.

Battery life sucks.  Invest in charge cables.  I can't go a day without charging.  I don't know why they bothered with the nice sliding cover for it.  They should have put the sliding cover over the headset connector

I haven't yet figured out how to set up Voice Dialing using bluetooth like I could on my Rant.

I loaded the Clean ID at first too.  It's still my preferred ID, but I also loaded the other IDs just to see what was on them and what I might like to use on my Clean ID.  I can see why IDs would be good for those who aren't familiar with Android and other smartphones.  Some of the IDs are really useful.  I deleted the apps I had no interest in to save space.  Can someone confirm that loading another ID will stop the apps/widgets running on the old ID?  I surely hope so.

One other annoyance... when using the slide out keyboard I will be thrown into some other app (usually into Mail or Messaging)  I think it's reading a shortcut keystroke but I'm not doing the keystroke.  It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, I have to give up using the keyboard and resort to using the softkeyboard on the screen.

What do I like about it?  I love the backplate.  It's got a definite tactile feel so it won't slip out of your hands.  The keyboard is the best I've seen around. The front camera is useful.  I like the silver edging along the middle of the unit too, looks sharp.

I'm waiting on Froyo too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes, there are shortcuts configured on the slide out keyboard. i'd read others' gripes about it but hadn't experienced them. then one day i just started happening. or it was just coincidence that i'd never hit one of the keys? (doubtful)

anyway, go to settings, then language and keyboard, then the hardware keyboard, then configure shortcuts and remove all of them. there's like 8 i think, and i can't figure out why anyone would think the short way to get to an app would be to slide out the keyboard and hit a key instead of just tapping the app from the home screen. you don't slide out the keyboard to use shortcuts, you slide the keyboard out to type! dumb.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i'm having the qwerty keyboard shortcut/link problem as well, but can't find a way to get rid of the shortcuts in my Language & Keyboard settings.

Under Device Keyboard, my only options are auto-replace, auto-cap, and auto-punctuate....none address my problem.

Just got the Transform yesterday on a bit of a whim, so verrrrry nooby.  Please help!

tnx

Highlighted
Journeyman

To get rid of the short cuts on your transform go to settings, applications, and quick launch.

It took me days just playing around with my phone to find out how everything works. Hope this

helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

problem solved!!!!

thanks keithtraci6

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, this is a fault of hitting the Search function on the phone.

Hit the magnifying glass once or twice and it'll clear out of the shortcuts.  It seems to happen to me when I send text messages.

Highlighted
Journeyman

how do you delete the shortcuts??? there is no option for me to delete all of my shortcuts..help

Highlighted
Journeyman

You really just need to play around with your phone and find out all it can do.

To delete a shortcut go to your settings, applications, quick launch. then go

to the letter that has the quick launch and delete it or undo it.

Hope it helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

thanks! I'd looked all over for this.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat