cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Touch Screen Won't Work Locked and Transform Takes FOREVER To Power On

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Touch Screen Won't Work Locked and Transform Takes FOREVER To Power On

My Transform's screen yesterday started going in and out and all of the sudden, it just went so dim that I could barely see a thing. I powered it off and turned it back on. It took literally half hour to power on. Once it finally turned on, the touch screen wouldn't work what-so-ever. I had to pull out the qwerty key board and use the arrows and "ok" button to navigate. I couldn't get out of something once I clicked on it. For example, I clicked on messaging, would click one of my contacts and a message recieved from them. I couldn't back out of that thread so I had to restart the phone. This time it took an hour, and the screen STILL wouldn't work. Restart again. Five minutes. Frozen. Restart. Twenty minutes. Frozen. Restart. Two hours! Frozen. Did the power button-volume button-voice button trick, clicked reboot. Frozen. I can't stand this phone anymore, there's so many problems with it. I wouldn't reccomend it at all. There's also times when I start it up and it automatically turns itself onto airplane mode.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry to hear about your issues.  BTW, when you did the Samsung Transform Hard Reset (through recovery mode), did you actually Wipe Data/Factory Reset the phone or did you just click on the reboot phone setting?  The hard reset means you select the wipe data/factory reset mode which means you will lose all your data and phone settings, then select the reboot phone setting and start with a clean, factory setting state and have to download all your apps again. Here is a thread that explains it:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/71284

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, if screen is frozen, you will need to do a battery pull before doing the Samsung Transform hard reset.  Hope this helps.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat