cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transform blutooth in airplane mode

Journeyman

I am looking for a way to actvate bluetooth without requiring the phone reciever to be on. Is there a way to do this?

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Not sure if there is an app that can shortcut this. ...but

In the dialer press *#4636*1111#

press "Phone Information", Then "Turn Off Radio" It will kill your radio w/o turning off your wifi, etc

You can reverse this by repeating the steps to put your phone back into operational mode.

Journeyman

Thanks, this worked and will save my battery.

Journeyman

I was using this trick with great success with Android 2.1.  Dialed the code into the dialer, turned off radio, then could use bluetooth without the cellular radio being on.  However, I've updated to Froyo (Android 2.2) and now it doesn't work.  Is there a different code to get to the test menu in froyo?  I thought the code was phone-specific, not OS specific, but maybe I'm wrong.  Does anyone know how to do this with 2.2?

Journeyman

I now have the same problem. Hope there is a way to do it.

Journeyman

Now that the transform is up dated to 2.2 the dialer code no longer works. Do yoy by chance have a new code, supporting 2.2??

Journeyman

Ok. I finally found out how to use bluetooth while the phone reciever/transmitter is off (airplane mode).  Simply activate bluetooth and wait for the icon to appear. Then turn on airplane mode on. There you have it, Your phones RX/TX is off and bluetooth stays on. 

Journeyman

This doesn't work on my Transform running 2.2.  If I activate Bluetooth, and wait for the icon, then turn on airplane mode, the Bluetooth turns off.  I think this does work with wifi -- you can use wifi in airplane mode.  But I don't think it works with bluetooth.  Can you try it again, and be sure you are using bluetooth, and not wifi?

Journeyman

I double checked and yes, bluetooth stays on while in airplane mode. I have been using my headset for music while the phone stays off and the battery lasts forever. The only thing I can think of is that I use a app called Quick Settings to toggle bluetooth off and on. That may make the difference. Let me know.

Journeyman

I've tried it every way.  I've turned on bluetooth using Quick Settings and using the phone's menu.  Then I put the phone in airplane mode, uisng both the phone's menu and Quick Settings.  No matter how I try it, when I put the phone in airplane mode, the bluetooth turns off.  When I turn off airplane mode, bluetooth turns back on.  But I cannot find a way to keep bluetooth on in airplane mode.  Has anyone else been able to do this besides n9las1?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't understand why my phone works while others won't. Is there more than one wat to toggle airplane mode? The way I activate airplane mode is by pressing and holding the upper right button on the phone until the prompt's appear.

Journeyman

Update!

I had to wipe my phone last night, and now bluetooth no longer works in airplane mode. Im back to square one.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat