cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transform keeps going to Airplane Mode

Journeyman

Is there anything I can do to stop my phone from going to airplane mode on its own.  It happens about every 2-3 days.  I have reset my phone, taken the battery out, but nothing helps.  Any suggestions before I get rid of Sprint and go back to ATT.

Thanks,

Mike

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Hello mishana826,

I am very sorry for your frustrations. Please let me know if this issue has been resolved, or if the problem is still being experienced. I would be happy to assist you!

Regards,
CD

Journeyman

Hello,

I also have this problem, thought I was doing something wrong, am now conviced it's not me.  Please help.  Missing calls because I don't realize it's in airplane mode till I notice there have been no calls for a while.  Small business, can't afford to miss calls.

Hey Mike,

You've stated you've reset the handset but has anyone ever done a full-on hard RTN reset on it? it can only be done with the MSL so if you'd like to contact me via PM I can walk you through it, It's resolved every Transform going into Airplane mode I've seen as of yet.

Journeyman

Hey,

I'd be very interested in learning how to do that.

Thanks

Tom

Hey Tom, just ensure that you have all your contacts backed up to your Gmail account so we don't lose them. I'll send you a PM.

Journeyman

I had the same problem with another phone on my account.  Took it to a sprint store they ran all the tests... certified it as fixed.   I told them wait.. I am not leaving just yet.  We waited around for about an 1 hour and bam... it went back into airplane mode again.  The tech took it and redid the reset put it on all the machines ... said... no problems... I said not leaving yet... waited around a bit... bam again went into airplane mode.  Escalated issue store manager looked into trouble logs... found out it was unofficially something Samsung knew about but was not consistently reproducible so it was unofficially an officially known issue... it happens to any of the slider phones based on that particular system frame.   Manager did a swap out for a different comparable phone... in my case it was an LG Optimus S.   Have another Transform on my account that is starting to exhibit the same problems.  Will be taking that back soon ... manager already said... bring it in if it starts doing it so that is what we will be doing.  Good luck with your phone. 

Journeyman

I would also like to know how to get my phone to stop going into airplane mode.  I work in a building with poor service and it does it every day I am at work.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat