cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outgoing mail server (smtp.sprintpcs.com)

Journeyman

23 REPLIES 23
Sprint Employee

over the years our SMTP settings have changed, most of my coworkers ant I usually suggest using Gmail 's SMTP server settings but only if truely necessary, almost all ISP allow off network SMTP access at this time, even roadrunner, post back with your ISP.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Has Sprint taken the smtp.sprintpcs.com server off line?  I had been using the Sprint server as outgoing for my work email through my phone, but recently the server has quit responding. Any ideas?

Sprint Employee

Have you tried to reset your password for SMTP access in my sprint>my preferences? when did it stop working?

Journeyman

password was the first thing I'd tried.  This last time the server stopped I think was this past Friday.  Haven't gotten it to work since then.

Sprint Employee

I set my SMTP password, and was able to setup and use sprint's smtp, I used customer, from customer@sprintpcs.com, smtp.sprintpcs.com port 25, no SSL, and the password I set at sprint.com for the nai. if you are still having trouble you may want to delete/readd account. if that is not working try using gmail's smtp settings.

Journeyman

Re: outgoing mail server (smtp.sprintpcs.com)

I setup the same account setting on my computer today and everything works as it should.  I deleted all mail accounts from the EVO, setup the same exact account I'd tried on the computer and still get no connection to the smtp server nor the ability to authenticate the account at setup time on the outbound side.  Maybe the next step is to wipe the phone completely and start all over again.  Any more ideas are certainly welcome.

On my phone this is the message I get:

WARNING

Cannot connect to the mail server to verify your account information. Your server is not responding.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Terrytrissell, if you still need help please send me a Private Message.

Journeyman

Is there any current good news about mt connection to smtp.sprintpcs.com? It's down for me today, and is intermittent at best for weeks. I've been through the password reset online as well as resetting my phone.

Most of the reps are not even able to assist me with the problem citing the SMTP server either does not exist or that I do not and have never has access. After spending 45 mins on my last "escalated" call I indicated I had to go. I asked Sprint to wait to invite me to call back via the escalated path a third time until they actually had time to research the problem for a real fix before putting a Customer on the phone for so long for the same non-resolution.

That was 08/11/2011, and I've never heard further. I'm seeing alot of posts about problems with the SMTP server recently. I'm hoping there is some assistance available here since it appears there are moderators that at least know there is a SMTP server.

Today's attempted authentication of the SMTP settings resulted in a new message "554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation..."

Thanks.

Sprint Employee

Hello TONYP17, I have to be honest it's been at least 4 years since I was in a situation where I had to use our smtp server, and with the volume of traffic it has it usually is very far from our minds. the error 554 you are seeing could be related to roaming, or connecting through wifi/4g. which type of phone do you use? who provides your email service? and how are you connected to the internet?

Journeyman

It's a Samsung Moment. It's not 4G, and I've not been roaming. The  internet connection is through the Moment on the Sprint Network  (Everything Data Family Plan).  The 554 error is puzzling, but it's only  one in a string of errors.

The most interesting error i can remember is the one I  e-mailed to Customer Care about not being authorized. I think that's  still the problem somehow. To aid in troubleshooting, I was just able to  use the Sprint SMTP server via RoadRunner, so its not the SMTP server.  It's the Sprint network.

The address I'm wanting use is  actually one from a forwarding service. That only works when I can  access the SMTP server for the network on which I'm connected.  Otherwise, any off-network authentication to a SMTP server seems to fail  when the from address domain does not match the SMTP server's domain.

I was happily authenticating through the Sprint SMTP server for about a year. Something stopped working a few weeks ago.  Since I was able to acess the Sprint SMTP server using the laptop on  RoadRunner, I'm wondering if there is something on my phone or account  that needs to be reviewed for proper configuration.

Journeyman

TONY17 I had the same experience with the smtp server working fine since  February and in the last few weeks can't get my EVO to connect reliably  to the server.  Desktop computer connects to the server with no  problems but I don't need it for the desktop.  I finally found a new  server to use and gave up on the Sprint smtp server.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat