cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 bars

Journeyman

2 bars

I usually get four or five bars LTE at home but for the last three weeks I only get two bars 3G.  Sometimes it even goes to Roaming.  When I drive to nearby areas I get a strong signal again so I figured there was a problem with a nearby tower.  The first time I called Sprint about it I was told there was a problem in my area.  The second time I called they said the tower was fine and, after a few reset attempts, told me the problem was with my phone and I should take it in for repairs.  Can a phone malfunction in such a way that it receives a strong signal in some areas and a week signal in others?  That sounds like a problem with the towers to me.

13 REPLIES 13
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: 2 bars

Hmm I would like to look into the towers myself. It sounds like a down tower more than anything. Can you provide the nearest cross streets and zip code?

Journeyman

Zip is 08204.  If you want the location of the tower I can't help you. I went looking for it myself but online maps only show coverage areas, not the location of the tower.  I tried a few apps that were supposed to locate towers but I guess their no good if the tower itself is malfunctioning.  The town is Lower Township, New Jersey.  The nearest major town Is Cape May.

I just need the nearest cross streets to where you are having the issue. I am sorry should have made that clear. 

Journeyman

The issue covers the the whole town.  A nearby cross is Shunpike Road and Sandman Boulevard.

Thank you for the additional info. Give me a few mins to look into this area. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.

Thanks for your patience. After looking into the area of Shunpike Road and Sandman Boulevard and the town of Cape May to Rio Grande, I see coverage should be good. So I looked into the towers, and found the following info. 

For the area from Cape May to Rio Grande, there is a total of 2 towers with open service alerts, one of these is located around the Shunpike Road and Sandman Boulevard area. Our tower teams have been notified and deployed to these towers. 

Resetting the network setting can help. This reestablishes the connection between the phone and the towers. I'd like for you to complete this reset and let me know if it helps. For an Android, please dial ##72786#. For an Apple device, please follow the steps below: 

1. Tap Settings.
2. Tap General.
3. Scroll up and tap Reset.
4. Change to Reset Network Setting

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

As I said above, when I was on the phone with Sprint they had me try a couple of different resets and the 72486 was one of them.  I got a message telling me to contact my service provider to configure my phone.  Connection Error (6600).  I guess I'm not getting enough of a signal for it to work.

I went a step further and factory rest the whole phone.  Just in case I had made changes or installed apps that were causing a problem.  Still no good.

It's odd that this problem has been going on for so long without a general outcry from sprint users in the area.  Am I alone out here?

Where you connected to WiFi at the time of doing the update? 

One other thing. Can you go into settings and update the profile? You will find this under system updates. Do this off WiFi. 

Journeyman

The Wifi was off.  I tried it again and this time it got through all three steps but I got this message:

RilNotifier

Unable to establish a wireless data connection.

LTE: ESM - x EMM - 15 APN - nispsn

Did the Profile update.  It also resulted in that message.

Can you send me a PM. Sounds like we need to dig deeper here. 

I have submitted a ticket for this. Ticket number is 418064-190521. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat