Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Samsung Galaxy Watch on the Sprint Network

Highlighted
Journeyman

Activate Samsung Galaxy Watch on the Sprint Network

not able to Activate Samsung Galaxy Watch on the sprint Network, "Mobile service for your watch it say couldn't set up service. check your network connection "

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Wizard

Good afternoon. I'd be happy to see if I can help you with this. Do you have an active line for you watch? Can you use your phone just fine?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Highlighted

yes I do have an line for the watch  my phone work just fine I can use the watch bluetooth just fine i just can not activate the mobile data to used the as a phone by itslf

Highlighted

Right now the watch can't act as a standalone device. As we roll out VoLTE this will become available. Once there is VoLTE in your area you'll just download the Samsung Wearable app and set up cellular service.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Highlighted

I was told by Sprint Tec support this was already done so how much long is going to be befor this is up an running

Highlighted

I don't have an exact date. Keep your eyes here on the community or Sprint.com/Newsroom for updates.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Highlighted

if this is the case the Sprint should NOT be selling this device if it is not ready to work on its network I have spent 7day 21 hours trying to get this device to work who do I need to speak too to be compensated for all my time and effort

Highlighted

Does anyone from Sprint have an update to this issue?  Here we are in May and still no VoLTE service on the watch when the other major carriers all have it?

Highlighted

The VoLTE nationwide rollout is coming soon. We have a number of markets open currently with a wide variety of different devices being used and tested on the VoLTE network. The Galaxy Watch is not currently able to be used on VoLTE at this time, but it is on the list to be added as we work towards the nationwide rollout. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted

So why is it being advertised as a standalone device !!!!???  I was just misled by Sprint... 

I had me chose a plan with unlimited LTE, calls, and text. Was even provided a phone number for the watch..

Whats really going on?!?

Highlighted

We are hoping this phone will be capable to be used as a stand alone device very soon. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted

My point exactly!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat