cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone got Galaxy Watch 3 with working LTE?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Wizard

Anyone got Galaxy Watch 3 with working LTE?

I sent a PM to one of the Sprint contacts already but was just wondering if anyone has LTE working on a GW3 on Sprint network or what your experience has been trying to activate? Mine can't activate and is a direct from Samsung.

So far I've found a bunch of reddit post and Best Buy reviews all saying Sprint is telling them it's a Samsung issue or the device is not compatible or any other number of reasons. A few people are awaiting clickit tickets to see if they will do but it seems like the prefix needs to be whitelisted not just one-off handling of...

Only 1 model/version of the LTE exist, no carrier specific ones so place of purchase shouldn't be an issue.

Samsung has indicated it is compatible and further Sprint has certified and approved it to working with them (which is why they list them since they had approval to) and the issue may be the common issue with Sprint needing to whitelist the prefix. Seems kind of odd that this lesson hasn't been learned if it's indeed the case?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Sooo the feedback I got from Em_Will_I_Am here (who's always been awesome at helping) is it appears a bunch of us are victims of bad lock and process failure (well those aren't his words but mine to be fair lol). Apparently a bunch of IMEI's are missing from the database and need to be added which is why activations are failing. Samsung is supposed to be doing some more digging to try to clear up...

So I guess for those of you with a GW3... More waiting for us. Hopefully soon... The poop part is T-Mobile activations work lol so I guess in the future when the Sprint side mirrors that better it's less issues. Sprint has always been more strict with device whitelisting and this could be one of the downfalls of that in which more detailed records are needed to be imported vs say just entire model/batches. Either way, I just hope maybe over the weekend this can be fixed. Sucks how many hours I've wasted and how many employees across Samsung, Sprint and T-Mobile have now been involved from front line all the way up the chain and still more waiting 😞 but at least hopefully some light soon..

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Good morning Bryan. You said you spoke to a Sprint representative, what was the out come of that interaction? 

Highlighted

Well, I sent a PM to Em_Will_I_Am but I'll send you info also if you get to before him? I'm assuming just need a clickit ticket or something to add the device (though the issue of them missing needs to be addressed too for others lol).

Highlighted
Wizard

Seems like so far no joy.

I don't understand why people are being told it's not compatible?

Carrier specific models don't exist and Sprint is listed, even using the new logo. Samsung states they are required to have approval to use a providers logo (which is standard business process to require approval to use another businesses info) and that approval comes with approval and compatibility for the device to be used on said carrier also. The only clause they have is VoLTE on Sprint "may" not be compatible.

I feel like employees are getting too caught up in just looking things up in the checker (which says not compatible/valid) and trying to activate (which fails) vs. someone driving the issue that it's a larger scale problem and escalating the problem. While those are valid steps to do of course most of the time the launch of a device globally and how to handle should be fairly standard by now on BYOD/Wearables? We've had a few LTE Galaxy watches now, a few Apple ones and BYOD isn't really a new thing anymore.

Hopefully A=an official response can be publicized acknowledging an issue and an ETA vs. telling customers to purchase another device or it's not compatible without full due-diligence into the issue which should reveal it is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since last week I have  tried chat, customer service, sales, automatic online, and calling a store and Samsung. All agree that my new Watch 3 LTE can't be activated. I found a document online that shows the update to the original Galaxy Watch and the  version number include 8005, and 8015, but not the 8045 this one has as part of its id-- SM 8045 is not included. Since two reps told me August 21st T-Mobile gets the watch, will Sprint also be getting it? Will the former update now include the proper numbers , or correct IMEI or MEID or whatever to make it work? This is so frustrating. I have four Sprint lines, and have been a customer since 1998. I will jump ship somehow if my watch, which I already love, can't work. Samsung said there is no reason it can't if the previous version does. But...

Highlighted

Are you getting an error when trying to active the watch?

Highlighted

Everyone on Sprint with the new Watch gets the exact same error: here is a screen shot of the process: https://imgur.com/gallery/dP85yho (scroll down to see all the pics).

Basically "Sorry - we experienced a system problem during your task." they also seem to fail on the IMEI check website also which is why the thought is the IMEI isn't in the allowed list.

Here is a list of Sprint customers with the same issues from a few reddit post.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/i8khgx/galaxy_watch_3_failed_activation/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sprint/comments/i8mfr9/activating_the_samsung_galaxy_watch3_lte_on_sprint/

I have spoken to Samsung executive team and they stated they have confirmed it as a Sprint issue to resolve.

They are calling me back tomorrow to follow-up if Sprint has corrected the issue which by the 0 progress today I am going to guess no. The funny thing is they stated Sprint has Samsung partner/support contacts they should use if an issue and they've no internal reports Sprint has reached out despite Samsung said many of Sprints customers have contacted them.

It's frustrating that an provider and OEM are having these issues talking to each other even. Samsung and Sprint have been partners for many years. Other providers did also have issues on launch day (things happen, understandable), except T-Mobile is the only one out the door that reported as working, however AT&T and Verizon have all loaded the devices and are now working now. So just trying to push Sprint to do the same here. Seems like someone just didn't approve/load the prefix or device list etc. to allow the activation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just put in my IMEI again after a week  of trying, etc.and it just worked! It added the line and took the number. We'll see if it activates the mobile network.

Highlighted

Put your IMEI on what?

The app is how you activate and it does everything, you don't even enter an IMEI on anything?

Highlighted

I did it on the add a BYOD/watch line/plan link on the the Sprint website. It says I have it, but mobile still isn't working on the watch . I even got a text saying I could pair the watch with my phone for cellular service. It is already paired but unless Bluetooth is on it won't work. I'm calling tech support now.

Highlighted

That's the best department to contact for this issue. Good luck!

Highlighted

So Samsung executive called me back. They stated after researching more one issue they now see is that my brand new watch, purchased directly from Samsung (unlocked as they don't' sell locked watches) that has never been activated is flagging it is locked to T-Mobile network... They indicated it now appears like T-Mobile has imported and locked prefixes that did not get mailed to T-Mobile for local store distribution in error... Uggh T-Mobile isn't doing very good by us Sprint customers.. The Samsung exec even said the watches are not carrier specific and can't say why it's locked to T-Mobile since they never flagged it as one for them and I purchased direct and just think a range of IMEI's was exceeded beyond intent by T-Mobile but that only the providers can unlock them... The exec is going to see if they can find out more info...

I really wish someone from Sprint could/would actually help here 😕

First can't activate and now being told T-Mobile hijacked it LOL. This is my 3rd day and countless hours.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat