App Updates Stuck in Pending after Pie LTE Update Fix

Journeyman

App Updates Stuck in Pending after Pie LTE Update Fix

13 REPLIES 13

Re: App Updates Stuck in Pending after Pie LTE Update Fix

Have you tried restarting the device?

Journeyman

Everybody should double check to see if their apps are really updating.  I ended up with over 30 updates stuck in pending.  A wipe partition cache fixes it once but I have to wipe the partition cache every time I want to update my android apps.  One of  the Android Boards provided this temporary solution.  I only use the Google App Store and I've tried both auto update and manually updating.  Any ideas?  This is an annoyance.

Hey daehttub, I haven't seen anyone else with this problem just yet but that doesn't make it any less annoying. For others who come in here who might be experiencing this, what kind of phone are you using? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Galaxy Note 8.  Unrooted. 

I am not seeing anything within our database about a fix I can run you through for this issue. If you have Sprint Complete, you might chat with a tech support right now who can help you take a more in-depth look at things with you. You can reach them directly at https://www.sprintcomplete.com/askmyexpert/login

If you don't have Sprint Complete, let me know.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Oddly enough after driving me nuts for a week, the issue seems to have resolved itself today.  

@OldGreg_Sprint wrote:

I am not seeing anything within our database about a fix I can run you through for this issue. If you have Sprint Complete, you might chat with a tech support right now who can help you take a more in-depth look at things with you. You can reach them directly at https://www.sprintcomplete.com/askmyexpert/login

If you don't have Sprint Complete, let me know.

Wizard

That's good to hear daehttub. Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with. Have a wonderful day.  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
GrandMaster

are you by chance running power saver/battery saver mode? wonder if its aggressive enough to shut down background data consumption.

taking a stab in the dark here.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I spoke too soon.  My updates are stuck in pending again.  This might be a Google Play issue.  I usually have my Galaxy Note 8  phone in power saving mode.  However, regardless of whether power save is on or off, LTE or WiFi, my updates are just stuck in pending until I do a wipe cache partition.  I had one or two days of working updates and then they're stuck in pending again.  It's a relatively easy fix but pretty annoying as I like to have all my apps updated due to the numerous security risks out there. 

Wizard

Howdy daehttub. Have you had diagnostics ran on the phone? Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the app to see if that might be were the bottle neck could be? 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

i had an issue like this a while back with one of my prior LGs...make sure all updates are stopped..then try doing one by itself and see if it updates..the problem i ran into was it usually allowed one to update by itself but once you had multiple pending it would freak out on me..cant remember if another update came out for Google Play that fixed it or if it fixed itself though.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat