cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Journeyman

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

ADMIN UPDATE: At this time, the Galaxy Watch does not support standalone voice and data.  Sprint has not yet released the software update which enables VoLTE on the watches.  We do not have an ETR as to when that will happen.  We will post an update in this forum when it does.  New threads on this topic will be merged with this one and locked.

Hello, I just recieved my galaxy watch lte today and set up my mobile account to the watch, I also have a separate number for my watch. The watch shows a LTE signal but I'm afraid it's not set up properly as it asks if I want to connect to bluetooth when I try to place a call with the watch. If I say no bluetooth it returns back to the previous screen. So my issue is that I can't  place calls from my LTE watch  or use lte features?

Tags (4)
169 REPLIES 169
Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

I have the SAME ISSUE. I bought My Galaxy watch from Sprint Online several days ago. Received it two days ago. I am unable to use the Standalone Phone feature. Right now it connects only via Bluetooth. I can make and send calls while my cell phone is close by, but not any other way. When will this be Fixed???

Journeyman

Screenshot_20181030-185716_Samsung Internet.jpg

Here's the answer.... would have been nice if Sprint started this disclaimer on the Website before ordering. Apparently Sprint does not support LTE calling via the watch. And Spotify streaming........ which was the reason I went with LTE over Bluetooth. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Looks like we just need to wait for VoLTE to launch in order to get a 100% working LTE connection. It receives notifications fine but the point of LTE on a smartwatch is not really needing your phone present. Great watch otherwise, not Samsungs fault.
Journeyman

Hi I have same problem with my new Galaxy watch . Make sure turn  Bluetooth  Off on your phone and see if you have service or no, LTE should works without  Bluetooth  , that’s  main  reasons  That you buy LTE and you pay for service , you should get call when you don have phone with you. So anyway so far there is no answer for it make sure return your watch before 14 days if not nobody take  responsibility for it

Journeyman

Personally I love the watch, the service is just a joke. The watch is UNLOCKED for all service providers, and what's nice is you can cancel the service and wait for sprint to get off their butts and add VOLTE for wearables. This is what I've found, NO Voice calling, NO voice to text using Bixby, and NO spotify streaming...

As for what works.... Notifications and reply to texts via keyboard or write to text just no speech to text because the service is too weak for Bixby to connect. 

But.. somehow the Apple iWatch has LTE voice calling... tell me how this is possible???

Journeyman

I just got Calling plus on my phone, and that didn't help either.
Journeyman

I've talked to sprint several times . The watch requires volte which is in beta right now. 

Wizard

Good morning. Samsung and Sprint are aware of this issue and investigating it as we speak. Once they've figured out a permanent fix, it will be made public. 

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I am having the same issue. It is extremely frustrating I bough the watch because I wanted to use individually from  the phone I was told at the sprint store that Samsung had an upgrade pending scheduled fro 2019. Why is Sprint selling a phone that is not working?

Journeyman

I went into a sprint store and ordered the watch the day it became active on the Sprint site. The representative told me it would function just like my Galaxy Gear S watch, and instructed me to cancel the line associated with my Gear S watch. By the way, the Gear S is a true stand alone watch, and I can make outbound calls from the watch without my phone. After receiving the new watch in the mail I too found that I could not make stand alone calls from the watch as stated by the marketing pitches and by the in store rep.

After speaking with high level tech support I was told that the watch/network currently did not support true stand alone functionality. This was a near hour long conversation to finally get someone that knew a little bit about the watch on sprints side. One rep told me they had to reset the phone number connected to the watch, and then transferred me to someone else. Truly frustrating. 

I was told that Sprint is working on a solution to bring true stand alone features to the watch....
This should've been disclosed at the time of the sale. Not cool at all.

Journeyman

When will sprint have a fix to the galaxy watch issues not letting you use it as a true stand device?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat