cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

I'm not aware of a time on that fix yet. Please continue to visit us here for further updates. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

So why does Sprint even sale the LTE version if you can't use the watch as a true standalone device?

Journeyman

I was also disappointed to find our that i'm unable to make calls from my galaxy watch without being connected to the phone. Hopefully that will change in the near future.
Highlighted

Hey Alberto! At this time, the Galaxy Watch will support 4G LTE as a companion device to the primary Samsung phone on the account. It will support Voice over LTE "VoLTE" in the future.  Please feel free to reach out to us for updates!

I'm sure that Sprint is working to make it happen. In the meantime, i'm still happy with the watch

Good to hear! The Galaxy Watch is for sure awesome! I've got the Gear S3 myself, but may have to upgrade once the VoLTE rolls out!

I got the galaxy watch bluetooh LTE and i cant not make call without the bluetooh when they make the update i had to buy a new watch or i had to upgrade the watch softwar? I dont know why the tell people that you can use the watch without be connect with the phone tell the seller to said the true 

Hi Joyab121393! As of now, there are some limitations of the LTE functionality on the Galaxy Watch. 

Here's some info on the current LTE capabilities from our support document. 

• 4G LTE data services (texting & streaming) available at launch.
  • Bluetooth Voice Capabilities available when watch is within proximity of the primary Samsung phone.
  • 4G LTE standalone voice capability coming soon, not available at launch.
  • As Sprint starts to roll out the VoLTE network, the Galaxy Watch customer’s will receive an automatic software update enabling the capability for standalone voice.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

I can't understand why we are not told when we bought them.  I was told that the first 3 months of service is free.  Well now I know why! I called Sprint tech support and they could not figure it out! So they don't even know! They sent me back to the store after 1 1/2 hours of being on the phone.  The store said there is not a connection yet for it to be a stand alone! Said it should work in January.  Anyone else been told January? 

Journeyman

It works as a standalone for texts but not calls. And no internet connection for Bixby, spotify ect. 

Hi CatCat36! The Galaxy Watch requires Voice over LTE service for voice calls through the watch. . 

I haven't heard any time table on when the galaxy watch will actually work as a true standalone, but it would be nice to know when it will work as a standalone since I paid all this money for a watch that I can't even use without bluetooth!! I'm not a happy camper right now.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat