cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

I'm a Galaxy user also, and understand your frustration with the limitations of the Galaxy Watch. The watch should not be used as a substitute for your phone. The watch should be used at times that holding your phone is not an option. You can continue to visit us here for updates on the capabilities for the watch. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I strongly disagree.. I rarely use my phone. I only use my watch to stay in contact with my family while at work. I am not allowed to have my phone at work. So this issue needs to be fixed asap! The watch is meant to be a basic substitute for a phone not an assistant, if it was meant to be connected to a phone then they wouldn't put an antenna in it for 4g. Yes the bluetooth version is an assistant, but as far as I can see we only need 4g to send a text without a phone. And get missed call notifications... ridiculous.
Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint, are you seriously telling us how we should use this device that was marketed as a stand alone? You really don't understand our frustrations... It should be at the end users discretion on how often they utilize the lte service associated with the watch. Only until recently have we the users been advised on the limitations of the Sprint network, and the upcoming features of the new network. It's almost like a car salesman selling me a car, but telling me not to drive it that much. This has been an unfair deal for the early adopters all the way around.

Journeyman

Totally agree, seems unfair to me, we should be compensated in some way for having to wait on the volte, while everybody on different carriers can you there watch as they please, this is bad customer service if you ask me
Journeyman

Screenshot_20181227-202036_Shop Samsung.jpg

@RedCruzr_Sprint Perhaps you should read the product description. Just because Sprint services are sub-par and don't support the features doesn't change THE INTENDED DESIGN OF THE LTE VERSION OF THE PRODUCT, which was to be a SUBSTITUTE FOR YOUR PHONE. The audacity you have in telling users how they should use the device when everything you said directly contradicts what the device manufacturer has marketed the device as being is utterly ridiculous. Maybe instead of telling people off, you should focus on passing the feedback up the chain and work on facilitating a fix so you don't continuously bleed customers to Verizon, whose service fully supports the features as designed and intended to be used. 

I apologize for the incorrect information on my behalf. I was away for a while. When the watch first came out, it was just the bluetooth version. I wasn't educated on the LTE version. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Seems to be a norm with Sprint associates as well. I was told by multiple reps that I was sold the wrong watch because they refused to tell me that Sprint just didn't have the proper technology at this time. It's really poor customer service.
Journeyman

@RedCruzr_Sprint

Thanks for your honesty.

I'm curious though... 

You've obviously read over all of the comments, and now that you've been educated what are your thoughts now?

This will be fixed with the next software update. You can also call 1-800-SAMSUNG.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

@Megntron_Sprint

When the word "fix" is used it implies that something is broken and needs repair, correct? With that said are you directing me and others that need the "fix" away from Sprint to the Samsung customer service line? If yes, why? 

I'm giving you solutions to get your watch to work the way it should. Samsung knows there is an issue which is why they will be providing a software update. I'm directing you to Samsung as it is their product and are the ones providing the "fix."

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

@Megntron_Sprint, thanks for the reply.

So we're not waiting for enhancements to the Sprint network meaning that Sprint has no fault in this, correct? Many of us have been told differently either in person by an in store rep at the point of sale, by phone from tech support, and even in this thread by S.M.A.R.T agents. All of the above three examples are my personal experiences. So again, you're saying that the solution is with Samsung and not Sprint, correct? If yes I would like to thank you for easing my frustrations because I'm definitely frustrated.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat