cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

So sprint does in fact have VoLTE working for mobile devices? I know it's coming soon but didn't think it was available yet. I have a S9 plus and don't have VoLTE. 

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Yes it's an update from Samsung that Sprint doesn't have any control over. I know it's frustrating but I know the update will make your watch able to use LTE and all of its features. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted

Some devices are VoLTE eligible now. You can check in your settings under your cellular data options and see if it's there.

Journeyman

Now that we have that cleared up how can the early adopters of the watch be compensated for something that was out of our control? We're paying for a service that we can't use. Can this be credited back to our bill since what we have now is a Bluetooth only variant in terms of functionality? 

When did you purchase your watch?

Journeyman

I bought my galaxy watch my November 6 2018, what month can we expect the fix for the watch?

Samsung has not given us exact details but let me do some digging and see what I can find out. 

Journeyman

@Megntron_Sprint

I purchased my watch on 11/5, and it arrived two days later by mail. Thanks for being so helpful. 

It looks like they haven't given us an exact date but as soon as I know something I will post again. I am sorry this has happened. If you dial that Samsung number they might have more precise information for you.

Journeyman

Got my watch on 10/30.... ordered as soon as it went up for sale..

Journeyman

I've been on the phone with Samsung for over 40 minutes now. The Samsung rep is telling me that there is no firmware/software update for the watch. They are giving me an option to send the watch in to them to be sure that it was flashed with the correct firmware/software. (Is it possible that all of the Sprint devices were programmed incorrectly at the manufacturer?)

The rep is also telling me that the problem is more than likely on Sprints side and that it's more than likely that provisioning hasn't been set up correctly on the device. (Why is the customer in the middle of the blame game?)

This is contrasting information to what was mentioned by @Megntron_Sprint. I voiced my problems here in hopes that I would get answers. I didn't necessarily have a warm feeling of contacting Samsung since I purchased the watch from Sprint, and I kind of felt as if I was doing the work for Sprint.

I am now at a point where I have the option to ship my watch to Samsung. I was informed that the turnaround time for this could take anywhere from 9 to 11 days.

To all of the S.M.A.R.T. agents reading these posts: 
I'm not happy right now, nor have I been pleased with the level of service I've received since I've purchased this device. I have been lied to, misinformed on multiple occasions, and after taking the most recent advice it's lead me to a point where I now have an option to send my new device back to the manufacturer. 

I need a S.M.A.R.T. agent to chime in here. The service order to ship the watch back has been created and emailed to me. I was told that the issue is not on Sprints side, but with Samsung. Should I send this device back to the manufacturer?

I completely understand your frustration. We received an email from our higher ups saying that there will be a new upgrade being rolled out soon to fix this issue. I'm not trying to give you the run around. I can sympathize with how annoying this issue is and that you shouldn't be put in the middle. If you can live without your watch for that time frame I would go ahead and send it in just go get this resolved. I wish I had a more perfect answer for you or could instantly fix this. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat