cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Yup same thing happened to my wife, 8+ but I have a 9+ so she has it but not me.
GrandMaster

Sprint gives the ok once all testing is done so that Samsung in this case can release the update..kind of how ALL Android updates work no matter if its a phone or watch.

hell...same way the Apple updates work as well.

which if they go in their usual fashion the OEM's are also in most cases including a security patch and at times some bug fixes..which they must test the tar out of to make sure its not borking up anything else along the way.

@Manito wrote:

@Megntron_Sprint wrote:

Glad you got VoLTE. As soon as Sprint rolls out that update you'll be good to go. 

Fixed, you're welcome. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

That is beyond frustrating that they won't give more information about it. It's called Samsung Galaxy Watch Activation Error. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364, thanks for chiming in. With that said can you tell us where sprint is with testing because it sounds like Samsung is waiting on Sprint, correct? 

GrandMaster

you wont see any mention since there can be screw ups that end up delaying it. Sprint learned from the past that its better for people to be ticked off at them for not giving a deadline rather than said deadline going over because a last minute issue was found that borked up a bunch of stuff.

as is my LG G6 doesnt have the VoLTE update as of yet either..most devices should start seeing the roll out the first quarter of this year...just no idea which ones and when.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Stop blaming samsung, this is a sprint issue and a sprint issue alone... sprint needs to roll out volte in more than 15 areas, and in full scale not beta. Samsung did their job....
Journeyman

Your phone got update (only s8 and above did) still you have to be in one of the 15 initial roll out cities for it to work, AND it's still in beta mode so be prepared to drop calls and have issue. It will need to be rolled out in full mode and across the entire network for watch to work, and be reliable making it worth it to pay for watch service.
Journeyman

Implementation of VoLTE isn't the only problem.  This will only be for phones and suits not change anything when it comes to our galaxy watch.  That's a completely different process that will take months,  maybe even years since we are taking sprint.  Ive got 2 months left on my lease with my phone and I think it's time to move on.  I'll just pay the remainder of my watch off and i'm gone.  Ive given sprint years to catch up and they just don't see how far behind they are.  

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

It's been mentioned previously, but the VoLTE rollout is only in a test phase at the moment. Limited devices are eligible in limited areas for the time being. There is no definitive date on the full live roll out as there is still regular testing to do to make sure that the launch goes smoothly. 

More devices will be added over time so that everyone on Sprint can enjoy VoLTE. This would include your eligible VoLTE accessories like the Samsung Watch.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

You guys will no longer be sprint at the time of complete rollout based on how long it's taken just to rollout VoLTE. I'm sorry but, I've held on to sprint even when you guys didn't have 4g. The reality is that, your company lacks vision for the future. Ive had a good experience with sprint but, it just seems that my experience comes years later than everyone else on other networks. Maybe the TMobile takeover will help but, I fear your company will lose a ton of customers before that happens.
Journeyman

While I can appreciate all of the knowledge shared in this forum I realize that there will be no solutions here to this particular problem. This is a sad situation all the way around. To sell a device dependant on a technology that isn't implemented yet and allow your sales force to sell it as it's marketed speaks volumes. So much misinformation, finger pointing, and shallow promises, and at the end of it all no change. A big thanks to all the S.M.A.R.T agents for sharing what you know. I've been a sprint customer for over 20 years, and I've never been played like this before.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wonder if we will have to wait till the next galaxy watch comes out to use the standalone feature?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat