cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Echoing the other customers here, this is ridiculous. We had to wait months for the unlocked LTE version of the watch to support Sprint then all we get is $15/mo for essentially just updating the Flipboard app if our phone isn't nearby. Standalone calling doesn't work. Standalone texting is spotty - tonight I'm on 2 bars LTE and the watch says "network unavailable." Nobody offered me three months free, maybe because I had to buy through Samsung since it wasn't carried in the Minnesota Sprint stores or online at launch. I'll be requesting a refund of the $15 and if you want that recurring income back in the future when you straighten out your VoLTE mess, you're going to have to work real hard to get my attention.

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE Mobile Service

Any updates to LTE service on galaxy watch from sprint?

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE Mobile Service

Hey great question. In order for that to work the network would need to be open to VoLTE, and currently that is only happening in a few test markets. We can see if you are in that market.

Good, Better, Best don't give up until your good is better than your best! Be the Aristocratic one and give KUDOS and push the Solution button.
Journeyman

Any updates on the galaxy watch standalone featur?

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

We are still waiting on the VoLTE rollout at this point which is targeted for mid 2019.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Wow, I was told the beginning of 2019. We need to make sure we are not getting that monthly charge.

Journeyman

@OldGreg_Sprint wrote:

We are still waiting on the VoLTE rollout at this point which is targeted for mid 2019.

WOW!!! Just wow. I was assured not two days ago this "issue" had been resolved and ordered away. I ... I am simply speechless ...

Journeyman

I'm very disappointed how I'm still paying 15 bucks a month for a data plan for this watch and I cant even use it as a standalone, sprint really should do something about this issues ASAP.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I feel that Sprint should be upfront with customers. I been with Sprint for 17 years, and when I order a product, that means I want it "Now" if it is available. I bought 2 Galaxy Watches for Valentines Day and took them back days later after I discovered the issue. Since I wanted the product, I did something I didn't want to do; I bought it with AT&T which pretty much had the same deal, so now, unfortunately, I have two separate plans; one for our phones and one for the watches. I would have rather given my money to Sprint.  

Wizard

Yeah I have the Gear 3 but have not really messed with a wearable with LTE much.. 

Journeyman

Does anybody know if you can use the apple watch with LTE  on the sprint network as a standalone device?

GrandMaster

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Apple/bd-p/iPhonenew

depends on which device im guessing. but that is the iphone forum

@josephwi2 wrote:

Does anybody know if you can use the apple watch with LTE  on the sprint network as a standalone device?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat