cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Well folks, I went to AT&T and got the Real Samsung Watch, in fact I almost even PROUD to say, I went in a Sprint Customer and came out an AT&T Customer. After 17 years with Sprint. I have my Note 9 and my Galaxy Watch with VOLTE/Standalone. Works Great, and now I'm Happy. PS, I even got better reception in spots.
Highlighted
Journeyman OMG
Journeyman

Not true. I called Samsung and they said it is the Sprint network.  All other providers have the correct capabilities.

Journeyman

I was tired of it with Sprint, so I did something about it. Why complain about Sprint, just go where you can get what you want. I payed a lot of money, because I keep up with all the new Phones and gadgets. I expect my products to work as advertised.
Journeyman

NO, NO, Im not Saying Sprint, I mean AT&T. I said I was a Sprit Customer for 17 years. and now Im an (AT&T) Customer. 

Journeyman

Wow, that's cool! I wonder when we(Sprint) Customers get the VOLTE

Journeyman

probably when the Note 10 comes out later this year. Who knows, Was not going to keep paying for a service that I can't use.
Journeyman

I'm jealous 😬, I wish my galaxy watch LTE standalone feature worked😅

Journeyman

I've thought about doing the same, and to be honest if I didn't have my families service locked in I would be out too. I've been with Sprint for 20 years, and it makes me dang near sick to see so many other people being strung along just as I have been with false promises and inaccuracies. We won't see a full implementation of VOLTE until the merger is pushed through or shot down. I think I'm right, but I hope I'm wrong.
Journeyman

I feel you! Hopefully soon!

Journeyman

In my area (West Virginia) which is controlled by a Sprint Affiliate (Shentel) we actually have VoLTE on our phones. And the Apple watches even work as a stand-alone when making calls. It’s not exactly immediate when not connected to the phone but I’ve tested it by turning the phone off and it works. I am actually a Sprint rep for an indirect affiliate (VisionMobile). I just ordered a Galaxy Watch and am getting it tomorrow so I look forward to testing it! Would anyone be interested in knowing if it works?

Journeyman

The watch has a eSim so itll work with any major carrier. I'm leaving sprint because the service is awful.
Journeyman

I would like to know if the galaxy watch will work as a standalone 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat