cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

If it doesn't and you have VOLTE in your area then I'm gonna return my watch if possible 

@josephwi2 wrote:

I would like to know if the galaxy watch will work as a standalone 

Journeyman

Okay I will update you all as soon as I receive the watch. Expected delivery is 11:00 am to 3:00 pm

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Howdy Jacoblovejoy. Super stocked about your new watch. We'll be waiting for your review. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

So, update... something I was unaware of was the fact in order to activate the service on the watch I need to activate it with a Galaxy device on Sprints network. I was trying to activate it with an iPhone. Now some of you may ask why do I have a galaxy watch and not an Apple Watch. The reason for my purchase is because I preordered the S10+ and decided to get the watch since it’s 50% off with the lease of a recent galaxy device. So I’m this case, I will have to wait until I get my S10+ to try and activate the service on the watch. I aplologize. Expected ship date is 03/06 I will keep you posted!

Journeyman

Does anybody that has the galaxy watch with VOLTE in there area able to use the watch as a standalone on the sprint network? I would very much like to know.

Currently the Galaxy Watch is not a compatible device in the test areas for VoLTE. However, as the VoLTE rollout is made later in this year, more devices will be enabled.

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

I bought my watch for that sole purpose but no it doesn't 

Journeyman

So why does the apple watch work as a standalone and the galaxy watch doesn't? 

Currently it is not able to do so, but hopefully later in this year it will be possible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Then why are they selling the watch if it can't do what is advertised?

Journeyman

No clue, someone said they are suppose to put some software called VOLTE but idk. I work in a warehouse and it doesn't work without bluetooth so I'm SOL with it until that happens 🤷‍♀️

Journeyman

That's a great question, a better question is why I am paying full price for a data plan for the watch and i cant use it as a standalone?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat