cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

ADMIN UPDATE: At this time, the Galaxy Watch does not support standalone voice and data.  Sprint has not yet released the software update which enables VoLTE on the watches.  We do not have an ETR as to when that will happen.  We will post an update in this forum when it does.  New threads on this topic will be merged with this one and locked.

Hello, I just recieved my galaxy watch lte today and set up my mobile account to the watch, I also have a separate number for my watch. The watch shows a LTE signal but I'm afraid it's not set up properly as it asks if I want to connect to bluetooth when I try to place a call with the watch. If I say no bluetooth it returns back to the previous screen. So my issue is that I can't  place calls from my LTE watch  or use lte features?

169 REPLIES 169
Highlighted

Exactly 

Highlighted

Agree wholeheartedly. More to the point what is their plan for the folks that have purchased this device and have been paying for the required plan that doesn't provide service???

Highlighted

I don't know 

Highlighted

Why the end of the year when someone said AT&T has VOLTE now? Im paying$ 15 more a month for Something that doesnt work

Highlighted

I just said the hell with them. I was with Sprint 17 yrs, and I just dropped them to go to AT&T. I have a Note 9 with a AT&T bought Galaxy watch, and I works as a Standalone Perfectly, only problem is getting the Number Sync to work well, its a little spotty, but Standalone is great.Man Wink

Highlighted

VoLTE is available in some areas now and will continue to roll out across the US. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted

Will the galaxy watch work as a standalone once VOLTE is in my area?

Highlighted

Like the Apple watch, it needs to be paired with a device to work as a standalone. When VoLTE is in your area you will be able to make and receive calls from your watch. 

Highlighted

@Megntron_Sprint, VOLTE is in my area as I've shared before. What are my next steps?

Highlighted

Are you seeing it on your phone?

Highlighted

@Megntron_Sprint, yes. I've shared screenshots and mentioned it in this thread months ago. Screenshot_20190228-104611_Settings.jpg

Highlighted

So your galaxy watch is still not working as a standalone even tho you do have volte?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat