cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

I wouldn't say that.  You still have 90% of the functionality of the watch. It's more like buying a 3D TV, but not having any 3D content to watch.

Yeah, thanks for the info, I guess customers would feel better if we had atleast some type of ETA on when this galaxy watch will work as a standalone, or do we have to wait until a new watch comes out to have the standalone features 

I understand the frustration, Joseph.  The Galaxy Watch is standalone capable, but it requires an upcoming software update and Voice over LTE(VoLTE) to be enabled in your area, so it can take advantage of those standalone features.

Way to play down the frustration that sprint is truly behind all other carriers in technology.
Journeyman OMG
Journeyman

I'm still trying to figure out what we are paying $15/mo for?  A co-worker of mine bought the less expensive version (without 4G LTE) and he can do everything My watch does connected to the phone bluetooth.

Journeyman OMG
Journeyman

In our area?  Are you saying that Sprint has this in other areas?  I live in the city of Chicago, you would think a major city would have this if it's available.

So right now the Galaxy Watch will do everything the Gear S3 Frontier will.  When the update comes out, you'll be able to make/receive calls, messages, steam music from the watch independently of the phone.  It'll still need to be associated with the phone via the Galaxy Wear app, but you'd be able to go outside of bluetooth/wifi range of it to use data functions. 

But what sorts of appeasements are being made to customers who have ALREADY purchased this device and are being fully charged for a broken service???
Journeyman

I think we ste all are aware of the full capabilities are but,  what we want to know is when.  I have been with sprint for 7 years and from the pattern ive seen is that your answer will be either soon or you do not have that information.

Community Manager

Folks, the question has been answered repeatedly in this thread: we know you're all looking for VoLTE to be enabled on the Galaxy Watch and we understand the impatience.  At this time, we do not have a date.  When that update is released, we will post about it here, heck we will shout it from the roof tops.

It's perfectly fine to ask us about an update.  What is not fine is to pick on or abuse the front line people here to help you when they don't have an answer that you like.

If you have a new question or issue to discuss, feel free to create a new thread or post in an existing one.  This thread is no longer productive and as such is closed.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE Mobile Service

Ok, what do you  need to know to see if I'm in a test market? Or any other updates?

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE Mobile Service

Hi Kweish681.  There's a bit more to it than being in a VoLTE market.  While it needs VoLTE to have those functions, there's a future software update that we're going to be pushing out for the Galaxy Watch which will enable these features.  

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat