cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Journeyman

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Not working for me either.  Ive had VoLTE since October and never been able to use my watch as standalone for calls. Only text.  They have not implemented VoLTE for the galaxy watch itself

Journeyman

@josephwi2 ,correct  I've had VOLTE for some time now. When the Bluetooth connection is turned off between my watch and phone the watch still looks to utilize Bluetooth to complete a call. I've shared that in this thread  some time ago, and I've been fed so many different answers that's its truly frustrating. Even more frustrating to see new contributors to the thread with the same woes lead down a road with false expectations 

@Megntron_Sprint, what are my next steps? 

Journeyman

I don't know what's taking so long, this is RIDICULOUS 

Journeyman

If my bluetooth is off my texts don't even go through

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I know that it is super frustrating, but just as alberto_lopez71 said, VoLTE has not been implemented for the Galaxy Watch itself.

Journeyman

I think I should get half my data plan for my galaxy watch since I cant use it as a standalone, and from the looks of the other post, I will never be able to you my galaxy watch as a standalone unlike other carriers that carrier the watch.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

It is currently in the works, if you would be so kind and bear with us its allllllmost there.

GrandMaster

never? stretching it out a bit dont you think? they are still launching VoLTE...which the watch needs in order to work as a stand alone..so once one is lit up the other will follow suit..not sure how this equals never.

@josephwi2 wrote:

I think I should get half my data plan for my galaxy watch since I cant use it as a standalone, and from the looks of the other post, I will never be able to you my galaxy watch as a standalone unlike other carriers that carrier the watch.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

For those with the LTE version you might make sure to have the latest update for the watch due to there was some key issues fixed..

..Fixed an issue in which phone number information does not appear on redial

..eSIM activation routine stabilisation

..Fixed an issue in which the VoLTE icon disappears. 

Manually check be launching the Galaxy Wearable App -> About Watch -> Update Watch Software -> Update now.

Journeyman OMG
Journeyman

I got some kind of new update last night.  Not sure if it addresses this issue of stand alone service.

Journeyman OMG
Journeyman

Sorry not the update we are looking for.  I just tried my watch.  I'm going to check out other carriers for possibly switching.  I can't stand buying something new that I cannot use for it's intended use.

Journeyman OMG
Journeyman

This is like buying a brand new car but you cannot start the engine.  just for looks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat