cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Re: Galaxy Watch LTE service issue

Hey Joseph! The Apple Watch Series 3 and 4 do need to be paired with an iPhone for any of the LTE capabilities to work.  

I'm really frustrated with my watch. I bought it so I can use as a standalone. You have to have bluetooth on or it doesn't work. THIS is not what I paid 400 for!!! It's probably to late to return it so I'm stuck with something that doesn't do what I was told it would do!!

Honesty goes s long way.....

Hey Harleymma2! I get the frustration.  The older Galaxy Gear watches such as the S3 Frontier are bluetooth or WiFi only.  You're still going to get all of the features those of us with an S3 do. Once VoLTE kicks in and we enable those additional features for the Galaxy Watch, you're not going to think twice about your purchase. 

That software will be installed into my watch

Yes.  There will be an update pushed to the phone, and subsequently via the Galaxy Wear app on the phone to the watch.  It is dependent on the network having the VoLTE upgrades in your area, and we're rolling those out this year.   

Oh my gosh, thank you!!!

You're welcome! You're actually better off that those like me who bought the S3 Frontier a month or two before the Galaxy Watch came out!

Wow, that sucks! Sprint should do something about that. These watches are not cheap

Not Sprint's fault i was impulsive when I upgraded my phone and went for a new watch, too!  I still really love it, though. It has a lot of functionality without LTE! 

I have a question, so the LTE version apple watch works as a standalone on the sprint network and the Galaxy watch with LTE doesn't?

So, the Galaxy Watch will work as a standalone for streaming music, reading messages, maps/gps etc.  It's the voice functions that are still not fully enabled.

Any ETA on VOLTE roll out yet?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat