cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asked and Answered: Need help on side-software software

Journeyman

Asked and Answered: Need help on side-software software

Admin Update: This has been asked and answered: We are unable to support requests of this type on this Community

I sideloaded an unstable version of android pie CRJ6 could someone send me the oreo update or official pie update? Thanks

36 REPLIES 36
Community Manager

Re: Need help on software

Unfortunately, we cannot send software. Our software deployments are only available via Over the Air (OTA) and/or OEM tool. To be eligible for either method, you would have to flash your device back to stock ROM and restore the security partition. 

@firebulletstorm wrote:

I sideloaded an unstable version of android pie CRJ6 could someone send me the oreo update or official pie update? Thanks

Journeyman

Would you be able to help me do that? idk how.

Community Manager

Google is your friend bruh.

@firebulletstorm wrote:

Would you be able to help me do that? idk how.

GrandMaster

what he is saying is once you root your device no matter if you purchased it from Sprint or not they can no longer assist you until its back to factory as it was prior to rooting it.

this has been a rule in place for a VERY long time.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Google how to unroot phone.  Seems like there's several ways to accomplish it, some easier than others.  

Journeyman

i did not root my phone though

Journeyman

I'm thinking the steps required to remove a side loaded ROM and revert to stock should be about the same as the unroot process. Can't say for sure as I've never rooted a phone or side loaded another version of Android but it seems like it might be worth your effort to at least look into it to see if that will get you the results you need.

GrandMaster

you side loaded a back Pie update..which im going out on a limb and guessing it wasnt the one that sent from Samsung across Sprints network correct? if so then yes you are now rooted.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I did side load it and I root checked my phone and It says no. I just wanna go back to stock if you know a way to help that would be great.

GrandMaster

dont quote me on it but im almost positive you have to perform a factory reset..i tend to not side load/root my devices in case i end up bricking the thing.

Journeyman

ok so if i do a factory reset ill go back to stock? am i getting that right? and thank you for posting a reply and helping. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat