cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE! Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7: Handsfree Activation Bug

Journeyman

BEWARE! Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7: Handsfree Activation Bug

I gave my Unlocked Galaxy S7 to my mom who wanted use it with T-mobile. 

After porting her number on T-Mobile she keeps getting the Hands Free Activation Error Message and was not able to use the LTE Data provided by them.

We spoke to multiple agents, tried restoring factory setting but no resolution so far.

The only option provided was to trade in my phone and pay extra 300 bucks to get a new device.

After 5 years of great service, I'm so disappointed with not being able to use my excellent condition phone with any other carrier.

Any suggestions or help will be truly.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
GrandMaster

Re: BEWARE! Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7: Handsfree Activation Bug

the error has got to be on their side either with how they have the sim card entered into their system or how its connecting with that phone..if its giving you a error that its locked to Sprint still then that is something Sprint needs to get taken care of..if it isnt then its something on that side of things.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Re: BEWARE! Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7: Handsfree Activation Bug

I'm only guessing since I do not work for T-Mobile, but it's an educated guess nonetheless.  The only S7 that was allowed to go between carriers was the Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition (SE) model purchased directly from Samsung.

If you have an S7 purchased from Sprint, we can unlock it but cannot guarantee it will work on another service.  Based on your description, it appears the Sprint ROM is still on the phone and it's doing what it is designed to do and that's "phone home" and ask for programming.  If there is somehow, some way for T-Mo to flash a T-Mo ROM on it, then perhaps it will work.  However, the best option is to have an SE model to transplant to another carrier.

@Pallavisharma03 wrote:

I gave my Unlocked Galaxy S7 to my mom who wanted use it with T-mobile. 

After porting her number on T-Mobile she keeps getting the Hands Free Activation Error Message and was not able to use the LTE Data provided by them.

We spoke to multiple agents, tried restoring factory setting but no resolution so far.

The only option provided was to trade in my phone and pay extra 300 bucks to get a new device.

After 5 years of great service, I'm so disappointed with not being able to use my excellent condition phone with any other carrier.

Any suggestions or help will be truly.

Thanks!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat