cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad 4G Lte

Go to solution
Journeyman

Bad 4G Lte

So i went from tmobile to sprint and as soon as i " did the switch" i immediately regretted it. Not sure what's going on with sprint's 4g lte towers but BOY does my signal suck at times. I have no wifi at home so i depend on my cellular network all the time. I thought it had a 100% satisfaction guarantee? Clearly it was miscalculated  Smiley Sad

13 REPLIES 13
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Bad 4G Lte

Hi Bry_bry. The Satisfaction Guarantee period is 30 days from the day that you can start that you can walk back your service with Sprint no harm no foul. 

I am sorry you are having issues with your service and I'd be glad to take a look over things with you and help troubleshoot your connection. I have a few questions I'm hoping you can help address what's going on:

• Are you having issues everywhere or in one particular location?
  • Is anyone else you know on Sprint having the same issues? 
  • Is it issues with data, voice, text, or all 3? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Oh no, im not trying to get any money back. Just that if a company is THAT sure of the satisfaction rate, you'd think it wouldnt change. 

But any way, let's get to the bottom of this, then Smiley Happy

The bad connection happens in random places across the Las Vegas Valley. I live near the east side.

( it seems like when i use my data consecutively within... half an hour, the speed drops drastically.)

I dont think any of my friends have Sprint... unless they do and their connection is satisfactory.

In this case, it'd just be multi media text and data... so... data only

Can you drop me some cross-streets and your zip code so I can take a more precise look at the towers in your area? If you aren't comfortable posting that in the public space, shoot me private message and we can chat further there. 

Journeyman

Naaah i don't mind, let's help others out as well ( if there are any who need it haha)

Zip is 89104

Cross streets are Lamb and Sahara

Thank you for that. I took a look and there are no outages or tower issues nearby that I'm seeing. You can try toggling your phone into Airplane mode for 10-15s then back off to see if your phone grabs the closest tower or if you want to let me know what kind of phone are you using there are some quick refreshers we can have you run through to try and get things improved. 

Journeyman

I periodically enter in this code on my dial pad

##873283#

So... hypothetically speaking, if i were to be losing connectivity right now, its because i am currently connected to a tower that isn't the closest to me at this moment. ( meaning i left my house to run an errand or something)

How long does it take for my phone or the towers to refresh themselves?

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9

On the Note 9 you can go to Settings > System Updates > Update Profile and then dial ##72786# from the keypad after as long as you are off WiFi. The phone should be grabbing and moving automatically but sometimes it just needs a nudge to remind itself of what it should be doing. Following those steps above SHOULD help bump it back into line and remember that it's primary function is to be a phone and grabbing onto those closest towers as you move around. 

Journeyman

Wow... i just did what you said and boy is it time consuming.

I understand the basic functions of technology like this but if i have to do that everytime i have low signal, its definitely sprint's issue.

A total of 3.5 minutes for my phone to update its profile and reboot. 

I tested it's performance just now by loading a video and it works great and all ( as it did before the reboot) but my original issue was when I'm consistently using data like playing an online game. 

If that's all you can suggest, Thanks for your time😕 I appreciate YOUR service. No pun intended. #ShadeAtSprint

GrandMaster

the 72786 route isnt something that should be needed very often. it flushes all network info the phone has stored up...at times the phone can decide to hang on to old tower info as you pass along instead of dumping when it switches to the next tower..this flushes all of it and forces the phone to turn back around and perform the same updates the 873283 code does.

i know one other poster in here that is usually full of knowledge for LV areas

@Dj_Damjano 

any ideas on those areas brotha? your neck of the woods...ish

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Community Manager

Based on those cross streets, it the site to the west of the location.  Good news and bad news situation.

Good news: Massive MIMO is being installed at that site which will contribute to faster LTE and is the precursor to 5G.  This has been going on since 9/30.

Bad news:  During this installation process, a lot of reconfiguration for 1.9Ghz and 2.5Ghz LTE which should be completed by the end of the week.

More than likely during all the hubbub of the MIMO installed, the site is on and off causes your phone to pick up and attach to a further away signal, probably to the east. 

Check next week to see if you still have problems and if so, hit us up and we will submit a ticket for you.

@Bry_bry117 wrote:

Naaah i don't mind, let's help others out as well ( if there are any who need it haha)

Zip is 89104

Cross streets are Lamb and Sahara

Journeyman

Well I'll be darned! 

That sounds like good news and postponed good news to me 🤔 i appreciate the teamwork there 👏🏼👏🏼 

Ill report back to update you guys. Im sure that if i see a difference, ill remember to shout it out 👍

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat