cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID and Spam Protection Not working on Note 10+

Highlighted
Journeyman

Caller ID and Spam Protection Not working on Note 10+

So there is an option on the Note 10+ called Caller ID and Spam Protection.   This was also on the Note 9.   Its supposed to show you if a call is considered spam and or who is calling if they aren't in your contact list.

Anyways it doesn't seem to work on my Note 10+ (it is turned on).   Samsung said its a carrier issue, but it worked fine on my Note 9.    Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
GrandMaster

purchased from Sprint or unlocked from Samsung? and does it say Sprint Caller ID and Spam protection?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

howardpm411

Seems to me that maybe a software update could help. Open the Settings app > scroll down and select System updates > Tap Download and install, there you'll check if there's any software update available. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

@fireguy_6364 Unlocked phone purchased from Samsung, but so was my Note 9.  @Sprint_Kryshna there are no updates for my phone currently.  

Highlighted

Sprint does not support free caller ID and Spam protection (even the baked into the phone version).

Sprint disabled it on the Note 9 (Blamed Samsung which was proven invalid).

Sprint wants you to buy theirs for 2.99/mo even as all the other carriers go to free.

It's a sad situation but you save money with Sprint because you get what you pay for.
Highlighted

Wow, that stinks.  Hopefully after the T-Mobile merger they will add it back.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat