cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID has stopped working...

Go to solution
Journeyman

Caller ID has stopped working...

So I can't make any calls with my phone.  I've tried to remove the caller id app but it won't go away. I can't access my contacts either. 

66 REPLIES 66
Journeyman

Re: Caller ID has stopped working...

I was just having the same issue looking at your discussion to find a solution, and googling while I waited. But I found that going to settings, apps, contacts, storage: clearing yous data and cache has worked for me now I'm updating.

Journeyman

I have an s8+
Journeyman

Same exact problem here.  S8+  

Journeyman

Is this a virus? Same here and can't access my text either

Journeyman

Also tried clearing data and cache and did nothing
Journeyman

I have an S8+ also and I did what the previous poster suggested.
I went to Settings, Apps, Contacts & cleared my cache and data and all is working as it should again.
Thank god for google and this community forum Smiley Happy

Journeyman

mine s8plus is doing the same thing?

Journeyman

I have the same problem, plus more. Cleared the cache and data from storage.  They read 0 now.

However, my problem is compounded by the fact that I can't close the app.  I hit the X over and over and nothing happens. Turned the phone off and on several times and the X still doesn't remove the error message!  help...please!

Journeyman

Same here with S8.  Clearing cache didn't work, factory reset and restore to Sunday seems to have done the trick though.

Journeyman

ok I just went into the caller id app and hit force stop and it seems to be working as of now

Journeyman

How do I do a factory reset? thx
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat