Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID has stopped working...

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Caller ID has stopped working...

So I can't make any calls with my phone.  I've tried to remove the caller id app but it won't go away. I can't access my contacts either. 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I'm telling you... Go to settings. Apps. Caller ID. And clear data. That will fix your issue I promise

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Settings > Apps > Caller ID > STORAGE > Clear Data + Clear Cache.

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.

Highlighted

Hello watermelon, these are the steps to clear application cache on your Samsung Galaxy device:

• From the home screen, tap the Apps.
  • Scroll to and tap Settings.
  • Scroll to and tap Applications.
  • Tap Application manager.
  • Tap Storage.
  • Tap Clear Data.
  • Review the message and tap Delete.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care

66 REPLIES 66
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was just having the same issue looking at your discussion to find a solution, and googling while I waited. But I found that going to settings, apps, contacts, storage: clearing yous data and cache has worked for me now I'm updating.

Highlighted

I have an s8+
Highlighted

Same exact problem here.  S8+  

Highlighted

Is this a virus? Same here and can't access my text either

Highlighted

Also tried clearing data and cache and did nothing
Highlighted

I have an S8+ also and I did what the previous poster suggested.
I went to Settings, Apps, Contacts & cleared my cache and data and all is working as it should again.
Thank god for google and this community forum Smiley Happy

Highlighted

mine s8plus is doing the same thing?

Highlighted

I have the same problem, plus more. Cleared the cache and data from storage.  They read 0 now.

However, my problem is compounded by the fact that I can't close the app.  I hit the X over and over and nothing happens. Turned the phone off and on several times and the X still doesn't remove the error message!  help...please!

Highlighted

Same here with S8.  Clearing cache didn't work, factory reset and restore to Sunday seems to have done the trick though.

Highlighted

ok I just went into the caller id app and hit force stop and it seems to be working as of now

Highlighted

How do I do a factory reset? thx
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat