Did you mean: 

Caller ID has stopped working...

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Caller ID has stopped working...

Didn't work for me.
Journeyman

That was the first thing I tried. Even tried removing permissions so it couldn't access the messaging or phone and still crashed them.
Journeyman

how do you get to factory reset and restore?
Journeyman

I did a search under settings to find it. Remember though, you will lose any data/settings that are not backed up.
Journeyman

I found it reset settings and the caller id error msg is still on my phone screen and can't be closed. I'll take the phone in today...thanks for the help.
Journeyman

Same here, tried to clear the cache and still doesn't work. This started happening all of a sudden last night

Journeyman

I have the same problem this morning and I need to call into work. Did a subscription of some sort end?

Journeyman

I cleared data in the caller id app and that worked for me. Clearing contacts didn't work. S8.

Journeyman

disable all permission's granted to called id app

Journeyman

Add me into the bunch of people that apparently can't... make phone calls on their phone as of this morning?

How does what is presumably a software update slip through testing the basic functionality of "Making phone calls" and make it to production?

Journeyman

try to clear data of the caller ID app under the settings>application>caller id 

Journeyman

Update - clearing Contacts and Caller ID App Cache by going to Storage and Clear Data worked. Still, why is it overnight a lot of people have this issue?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat