cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID has stopped working...

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Caller ID has stopped working...

Cannot make calls because "Caller ID App" has stopped working.  Can't Force Stop, or uninstall.  Thanks for updates on this forum as to the best way to fix!

Journeyman

Same for me, clearing data in Contacts didn't work. Clearing Data in the Caller ID app did work...So far so good.

Journeyman

Per the recommendations here, I went to Apps, "Caller ID", Storage and learned data.   Now I can make calls & text.  Finally!  Thanks for the help everyone.

Journeyman

Sprint needs to spare us from its crappy apps. I literally can't make a basic phone call because they want to shove their sh^$%y Caller ID app down our throats.

Journeyman

Same issue this morning. Couldnt place calls without getting a "Caller ID has stopped" pop-up. Restart, Force Stop both didnt work.

Samsung TS advised the following. Settings>Apps>Caller ID>Storage>Clear Cache and Clear Data.

This fixed the issue with not being able to place calls.

Samsung said the issue is being tracked and an update will be sent out soon. Now whether Samsung is working to resolve or working with Sprint dev teams I'm not sure.

Journeyman

I had the same problem on the S8+ and was able to clear the error by opening the caller ID app/Storage/Clear Data now I am back up and running.

Journeyman

I had the same problem this morning on my S8.  I cleared the cache on both the caller ID app and the contacts app.  Back working.  Weird that it's happening to so many people at once.

Journeyman

All you have to do is clear data in the callerid app. That fixed mine.

Go to Settings / Apps / Caller Id / Storage / Clear Data

I think Sprint or Samsung must have implemented a change that wasn't adequately tested...

Journeyman

Sprint S8, same problem.. issue started about 10 mins ago - clearing the cache and data is not working for me

Journeyman

This appears to have worked for me as well.  Odd that it happened over night when I was not using my phone.

Journeyman

if you clear the data, does it delete all your contacts?

Journeyman

It didn't clear mine.  All of my recent calls are still on there.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat