cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller ID has stopped working...

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Caller ID has stopped working...

I cleared data and cache, the caller ID app won't open but I can make calls now and I still have my call history. 

Journeyman

I just spoke with Tech Expert through my app on my phone:  Go to Settings, Apps, Caller ID, Storage, Clear Cache and this should do the trick!  DO NOT DO THIS WITH CONTACTS BUT WITH THE CALLER ID APP ITSELF.

Journeyman

I just spoke with Tech Expert through my app on my phone:  Go to Settings, Apps, Caller ID, Storage, Clear Cache and this should do the trick!  DO NOT DO THIS WITH CONTACTS BUT WITH THE CALLER ID APP ITSELF.

Journeyman

Yep.  Tried all the previous stuff to no avail.  Clearing data and caches in contacts and phone didn't work.  Force stopping caller ID didn't work.  I cleared data and cache in caller ID and now is back to normal.  Thanks.

Journeyman

JUst had the same issue and it seems to work after clearing the caller id cache and removing permissions. Shame this slipped through. Needed to make an important phonecall about surgery today and was unable because of this BS!

Journeyman

I have my contacts in Google.  They were still there after I did it. 

Journeyman

I can't access my text messages. When I try the phone says 'Caller ID has stopped working', then text shuts off. I've cleared the cache and rebooted, but no luck. Any hints??

Journeyman

Anyone figure out what the issue is. Mine is doing the same thing

Journeyman

Thanks for the post, I have S8+, so I went to Caller ID Settings, Apps, Contacts & cleared my cache and data and all is working as it should again.

Journeyman

Thanks!   I was getting frustrated, but this worked.

Journeyman

I do think this is a hack attack. Remember ww3 started 9/11/01

Journeyman

Hold the caller ID app, press the info prompt go to storage and clear the cache and storage

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat