cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat Setting

Journeyman

Chat Setting

My SO and i have been having same issue between each others text messaging but not with any other phone number or device. I have a Note 8, other phone being S8+. We are receiving texts way after sending, some never showing up, pictures not sending. We have tried switching to SMS/MMS but it reverts back to the Chat setting after every opening/closing of messages. i have read that a factory reset will fix this issue but trying to find a solution to the issue before trying a full factory reset because in my eyes i should not have to do that to fix an issue like this. I have read a few articles, a few other forum posts, but none of the actions given have fixed our issue. Any info is greatly appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
GrandMaster

Re: Chat Setting

would you rather use the chat features or are both of you content with just regular sms/mms texts? you can always turn the chat features off and see if that improves things.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

We do not want to use it because of the delay/ not receiving texts. We have turned it off but for whatever reason chat continues to turn itself back on after you leave the message or within a certain time limit. When chat is off, we have no issues of texts being received/sent. Not sure what the issue is.

GrandMaster

i do not have this phone but my brother does and i walked him through shutting it off..unfortunately for the life of me i cant remember what you have to do to locate this lol.

@Dj_Damjano

@ShipWreck

if either of you have a moment. mind walking this poster through shutting down chat texting? i cant remember the steps i did to shut it down for my brother.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

just open your txt app and go to settings (3 dots top right corner) and chat settings. 

in there you have 3 options, choose the one you want. 

I Do have chat on and I don't see a reason for going back to regular txt, but it's your choice. 

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

The reason I was trying to get away from chat is the issue of texts not sending/receiving. They are not sending/receiving at all or they are very delayed. I have been doing the solution you provided for it only to keep reverting back to chat setting and causing same issues. Not sure what else to do. Thanks for the info everyone. 

GrandMaster

are you noticing this happening in areas you dont have that great of a data signal?

Wizard

Yeah if your using any of the default Samsung Apps like the one for text make sure you have checked for updates through the Galaxy App Store as well.  This is where you get All of your updates for the default Apps if anyone wants more features than what the default text app has to offer. Then you will need to grab another one through Google Play like Android Messages or Textra so forth. 

Sprint Employee

Have you both already deleted the threads for each other before turning the setting off, to see if it still pops back on?

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat