cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

This morning in the message  app I got a notification that I would be receiving the code and after approximately 25 minutes and no service on my galaxy s9 I decided to just restart my phone and the notification went away. I lost ability of certain chat features months ago which I'd frustrating because I relied on the Read / Delivered option pretty heavily with my relatives. Any idea how I can request another code ?  

Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems


@tacticalslide wrote:

I'm having the same issue. My phone worked fine until I changed my phone number yesterday. Now I am having the same symptoms as everyone else it seems. I click chat settings and either the phone does nothing and "chat settings" is grayed out or it will open the validation code box but I'll never get a validation code. I'm wondering if the code is going to my old number? 

 

I sent Em_Will_I_Am a message hoping to get my RCS or whatever reset. This function is pretty vital to my wife and I.


Thank you Em_Will_I_Am! Worked perfectly!

Community Manager

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

BOOM!

 


@tacticalslide wrote:

@tacticalslide wrote:

I'm having the same issue. My phone worked fine until I changed my phone number yesterday. Now I am having the same symptoms as everyone else it seems. I click chat settings and either the phone does nothing and "chat settings" is grayed out or it will open the validation code box but I'll never get a validation code. I'm wondering if the code is going to my old number? 

 

I sent Em_Will_I_Am a message hoping to get my RCS or whatever reset. This function is pretty vital to my wife and I.


Thank you Em_Will_I_Am! Worked perfectly!


 

Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

How long did the process take ? I did as he suggested this morning ( roughly 9 hours ago) and nothing has changed in fact it may have gotten worse. For my Galaxy s9 it would be a send arrow and I would see "delievered" ( but not read ) next to it and now it's more of a teal/green arrow and my messages dont have anything at all.
GrandMaster

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

are they using a Samsung device? are they also on Sprint? and does their device also have RCS?

 

and when it shows as delivered..are they responding and it isnt showing that they read it?

*********************************************************
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

They are using a Samsung S8 on Sprint their RCS is working as they're next to me and when they send me something on their end it days Read and they also see dots when I'm typing.

And yes it was showing Delivered but not Read (even tho my message was read on their end ) but now it doesnt even show as Delievered.
Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

20181024_184527.jpgThis is what my current situation is

 

Screenshot_20181024-080633_Messages.jpgIt says that RCS is enabled but it's not

 

Here are some screen shots. As I've said since this morning my text have been sent via the teal/green bubble and not blue 

Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems


@ChrisT8090 wrote:

20181024_184527.jpgThis is what my current situation is

 

Screenshot_20181024-080633_Messages.jpgIt says that RCS is enabled but it's not

 

Here are some screen shots. As I've said since this morning my text have been sent via the teal/green bubble and not blue 


Back up your phone and do a factory reset. I had Em_Will_I_Am delete my phone number from the rcs server. Then I reset the phone and everything is great! My phone is even faster now, it seems I got some system updates I was needing. Totally worth it in my case. Ymmv

Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

I will try when I get out of work later in the evening. He deleted my #from the server as well but when I deleted data and restarted nothing changed. So we'll see.
Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems


@ChrisT8090 wrote:
I will try when I get out of work later in the evening. He deleted my #from the server as well but when I deleted data and restarted nothing changed. So we'll see.

That's what he did for me... After the factory reset everything is perfect! I had the same problem as you... Looked like it should work but just didn't.

 

Don't forget to backup your phone to Google or smart sync!

Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

20181025_175510.jpgNot working still

 

Unfortunately even after the factory reset it still doesnt work. I had the recipient next to me and all the appropriate boxes are checked on their end and mine and it's still showing Delivered but not Read. Its such a disappointment.  🤷🏼‍♀️

Journeyman

Re: Check here for Enhanced Messaging/RCS implementation problems

I'm having the save issue since this morning

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat