cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check here for Updates on S8 CallingPLUS problem reports

Community Manager

Check here for Updates on S8 CallingPLUS problem reports

We've been gathering your reports about audio and other problems while using the LTE Calling beta portion of CallingPLUS for the Galaxy S8.  We're working to resolve those issues. I don't have a timeline for that fix but Samsung, Sprint and the network teams are investigating.

For now, you may have a better experience if you toggle off LTE Calling in the CallingPlus settings panel. From the pull-down menu,  long press the CallingPLUS icon.  To keep WiFi calling enabled, toggle CallingPLUS on, then toggle LTE Calling(beta) off.

We will update this thread as information comes in or if any action is required for customers.

We appreciate your feedback about problems you experience as these help us work towards solutions and better products for everyone.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Check here for Updates on S8 CallingPLUS problem reports

I am still having this issue, even though I confirmed it once.

Journeyman

Still having the same issue post not showing.

Journeyman

Can't activate Calling Plus. 3 hours with Sprint techs. Even after factory reset, I still get error: Cannot turn on Wi-Fi calling service.Screenshot_20171103-065617.png

Screenshot_20171103-065620.png

Journeyman

I am having the same issue, in addition to this issue I also am having issues with RCS, I only have one contact with enhanced messaging, I have problems receiving from and sending messages to him when using the chat settings. Also when i send him pictures using chat settings he receives them blurry or pixelated,  if i turn off RCS and resend the pics he receives them just fine. He has other contacts that have enhanced messaging and has no problems receiving pics from them jyst the ones from me.

Sprint Social Care

Hey Mark777!

Let's take a closer look into this, can you please confirm if you purchase the device directly from Sprint? If so, I will need to submit a ticket so specialized technical support team can further investigate this issue. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Kryshna,

Yes, pre-ordered from Sprint.

Thanks

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

@Sprint_Kryshna wrote:

Hey Mark777!

Let's take a closer look into this, can you please confirm if you purchase the device directly from Sprint? If so, I will need to submit a ticket so specialized technical support team can further investigate this issue. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Update for the group; we were able to get Mark fixed up.  We found this issue was impacting a few customers attempting to turn on Calling PLUS.  We are continuing to fix that up in back-end systems.  Please continue to post here if you are having a similar issue.  

Journeyman

I am having the exact same problem. Preordered S8 and when I go to enable calling plus I get the error of Cannot turn on Wi-Fi calling service.

Community Manager

We've cleared a back end issue that was preventing some customers from completing the setup process @Marinalv.  Can you please give it another shot and let us know how it goes?

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

It worked!!! Thank you!!! This has been frustrating me for months!

Wizard

Just throwing my name in the ring for "quality of call is pretty awful" on Calling Plus. It seems like the people on the other end of the phone call always say "sorry, you cut out" and "the connection is pretty terrible". This is on WiFi-calling and also on LTE-calling plus. Both connections are strong (good WiFi and strong LTE areas). It's gotten far worse in the past couple months. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat