Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking device status...Notification

Go to solution
Highlighted
Wizard

Checking device status...Notification

Recently, on my S7 (upgraded to Oreo) I've noticed this notification popping up almost daily, sometime, multiple times a day.  Seems a bit excessive.  Anyone have idea?

I feel like I need to turn this off to save battery.

20180711_123044.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
Wizard

Re: Checking device status...Notification

Hey there! Lets figure this out together. So have you done any troubleshooting on this device?

If not, please try the following:

**Update Data Profile https://support.sprint.com/support/tutorial/Update-data-profile-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-edge/WScenario_542...
**Reset Network Settings https://www.androidcentral.com/how-return-settings-and-network-settings-their-default-state-galaxy-s...
**Back your phone up and then factory reset it http://thecellguide.com/how-to-backup-and-factory-data-reset-a-samsung-galaxy-s7/

Let me know if any of these work!

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
GrandMaster

does it say which app its linked to?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Well, with all that said, the notification stopped showing up today.  After posting the question initially, I restarted it a couple times, and got out of my house for a bit to where LTE signal were stronger.  I have a feeling it was trying to reset something on the device but couldn't get a strong enough signal to complete.

If I didn't have WiFi at the house, I definitely would be with a different carrier.

Thanks for responding.

Good to hear. If you have any other questions in the future, feel free to reach out to us. The S.M.A.R.T team will always be here for you. Take care.

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

My Galaxy s7 updated to the latest update last month now it's getting the notification about Samsung DM checking device status. I cannot receive SMS messages but can send them and also the phone is horribly slow. I've update PRL profile and wiped dalvic cache nothing is fixing the problems.

GrandMaster

at this point you might opt to back up the phone and perform a factory reset. calls are working fine? you might try a different texting app before you perform the FR in case its more of a fault of the app you are currently using to text.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Uninstall and reinstall Google messages worked. Phone is still slow with Samsung DM.

GrandMaster

the DM part im unsure of. this one one of the agents in here will need to pull that one up on their end. you might even contact Samsung directly in case its something on their end.

@Dyna, is anything else moving slow? Are you having any issues with data when the message pops up? The other user in this thread said that it went away once he was in a place that had a better data connection. Have you tried this?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Clicking around the menus is slow.

Do you know if your data works better at any locations away from home? You're looking for somewhere that may give you a better signal, to see if the message goes away.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat