cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifications needed for purchasing an UNLOCKED Samsung Galaxy Phone at participating retailer

Journeyman

Re: Clarifications needed for purchasing an UNLOCKED Samsung Galaxy Phone at participating retailer

Thank you for helping me personally.  I finally have visual voicemail on my unlocked Samsung S9 phone.

Community Manager

Re: Clarifications needed for purchasing an UNLOCKED Samsung Galaxy Phone at participating retailer

No problem!  Glad I could help.

@slabar wrote:

Thank you for helping me personally.  I finally have visual voicemail on my unlocked Samsung S9 phone.

Journeyman

I have an unlocked Samsung S9+ and am unable to download the Sprint Visual Voicemail AppScreenshot_20190205-085948_Google Play Store.jpg

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

If you force close out of the Google Play store, then go back in with this link directly, does it show up any differently for you? 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

No that was the only way I could even see why the app was not even showing up in the App Store in the search.

Did you recently swap to the unlocked S9+ from another Android device? 

Journeyman

Yea a Samsung S8+

Community Manager

LOL, which one because you have said both.  Is it the S8+ or S9+? 

S8+ = no Sprint VVM app

S9+ = Sprint VVM app.  In fact it was the first unlocked BYOD device that had it.

@cherm45 wrote:

Yea a Samsung S8+

Do you still have the device available to you? I have some steps I want you to run that might help out with this issue. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am at work right now but I do have the device at home.  I used the Samsung App Smart Switch to transfer from the 8 to 9 and it transferred everything but like 3 apps.

Let me know what to do and I will try once I get home.

Where did you buy the unlocked S9+ from? If it was ever used on another carrier it might need to be factory reset to blow out all the old carrier settings. You mighty try doing a ##RTN on the old phone and then reboot the new phone and see if that helps out anything.

Journeyman

It was from Sprint then unlocked.  I have factory reset at least twice.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat