cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity: Samsung Galaxy S10+ Odyssey to Unexpected Oddity Work-around, no solution yet.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Connectivity: Samsung Galaxy S10+ Odyssey to Unexpected Oddity Work-around, no solution yet.

Uh, that's what my phone is 4G/LTE. Strange an outage and I get great signal. "AHA!" says my AP (associated processor). I wonder if the problem was building and finally broke today.

I just checked and still getting a nice signal, -93 dBm. I wonder if they fixed it and that's whay today broke the pattern - better sig when not under the monitor.

Of course, that would lead one like me to wonder why I suffred such aggravation (since 5/10). Sprint mtce folks should be all over stuff like that, no?

I've done some more searching this early A.M. and found some codes to test that might let me detect stuff like that.

Don't know, haven't tried yet. I'll wait til the weekend when my load is less (I wish!).
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Connectivity: Samsung Galaxy S10+ Odyssey to Unexpected Oddity Work-around, no solution yet.

Will do. I'm a big believer in sharing all we can with each other to help us all do better. Everone has different profile (skills, edu., time, interests, ...) and I figure in aggregate we may know almost everything there is to know in the world (at least our little piece of it) and if we share liberally we all benefit.
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

You've got a point, but I saw the need to point it out just in case. We're always monitoring stuff like that. But I feel you on the work load, does it ever lessen> Like I said, keep us updated. I'd personally like to see what transpires and what helps. 

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

This is so true. I honestly couldn't have put it any better. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Uh-oh. It just hit me. Ordered phone under satisfaction warranty, per instructions, and my phone may be good. Now, new phone shows up, may be good, may be bad - who knows. Regardless, I have work to do to activate new phone, move my stuff to it, etc.

I hate to go through that for no gain and also use up a brand new phone that could serve someone. Worse, what if the new phone IS bad? >8-O

What do I do? If I return unopened I presume they'll want to charge me. On the other hand, don't have enough history with this phone to KNOW it's good or not, especially with your mention of 4G/LTE problems just today (but my computer background suggests the problem had been building and I was it's first (only?) victim. :-))

My leaning would be, normally, to use my current phone long enough with the transceiver apparently working right now to ascertain it my phone was good.

Any advice?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

So you just got this phone and you ordered a replacement right? When the replacement comes it'll also have a return kit for you to send back in the phone you have now. In the case of activation you can got through Sprint.com or have us help you out. That happens to me at home as well, it's almost always how the building is structured that causes problems like that. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

So you think I should go ahead and switch out?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

In my opinion, yes, give it a shot. . But the decision is all up to you, whatever you're comfortable with in the end. @Em_Will_I_Am can still take a look and give you his thoughts. He's honestly the best at these types of situations. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Reversion to the MEAN (as in NASTY, not AVERAGE).

I guess that tower is acting up again - this morning (from ~03:30 EDT on) under the monitor gives good signal and performance and moving "into the wild" is crappy.

Switched my red zone ove to the satellite while I played and then switched back to hot spot once I saw I could get apparently good performance with the phone under the monitor.

In the wild with observations taken over 04:35 to 06:07 saw readings between -121 worst to -113 best (but for one instance of -90) in 5 "sessions" observed about 1 minute each with 5-7 readings in each "looksee".

Back under the monitor4:11-4:33 two sets of readings gave ~95 to -97 dBM, good. Again, after getting off satellite and back on hot spot, 06:09 to 07:32 did 3 "sessions" with 4-8 readings, worst -99 best -93 with most readings 94-95 early and -96/7 to -98/9 in the last session.

I really don't want to mess with switching phones while it APPEARS that the tower feeding me has issues? Can't debug well when you can't work with at least one KNOWN good entity in the pair and right now phone could be culprit (based on tech support chat sessions) or tower, based on the 4G/LTE issues reported yesterday, which LOOKS to an ignorant one like me to be acting up again.

</sigh>

I got a nasty feeling I'm gonna need help with billing (pay full price for a day or few use out of 3 weeks doesn't make sense) and some impetus to decide to try the new phone or not.

The amount of time I've speent on this is very large and taken away from what I should be doing such that I've been fully behind for several days even after sloughing off optional items.

</sigh/>

Highlighted
Journeyman

CRAP! Where did all my tags go?! Someone trying to hide something? I had a good set on all my messages yesterday.
Highlighted
Journeyman

BTW, moderate rain and full cloud cover again this morning.

Could someone restore my tags please?
Highlighted
Journeyman

Never mind about the tags - they just wern't showing on the page I looked at. I need to add them in. Solly 'bout that.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat