cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity: Samsung Galaxy S10+ Odyssey to Unexpected Oddity Work-around, no solution yet.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Connectivity: Samsung Galaxy S10+ Odyssey to Unexpected Oddity Work-around, no solution yet.

Hi, I'll like to check the tower nearest to you, I also saw that you provided your cross streets above. Can you send me a private message providing me with your ZIP code? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Connectivity: Samsung Galaxy S10+ Odyssey to Unexpected Oddity Work-around, no solution yet.

Done. It was also earlier in yesterday's thread. Out in the boonies we have guns and don't worry about zip code giving away too much! ;-)) OTOH, Google has morphed into my enemy. Need a much bigger "gun".

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I notice! Give us some time to get this matter fixed, okay. Meanwhile you can keep updated with the coverage in your location by using the Sprintzone app. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since 03:30 EDT signal steady, with phone not under monitor, at -94 to -96 dBm with moderate rain and heavy overcast.

Only bad thing seems to be that even though I have VoLTE enabled, incoming calls interrupt data.

Performance otherwise has been good, but until the tower is fixed I'm apprehensive.

I still do NOT want to change out current phone, even though prior tech support told me to do so before we knew tower had issues, because my current phone is now a "known" and the new phone is an "unknown". Knowing how my current phone behaves is an advantage when trying to catch problems and detect clues as to problems.
I also want to avoid UNNEEDED tranfer from current phone to new one and the load of new activation (along with any new problems that may cause as I switch back to satellite to what's needed over Wi-Fi).

But I also don't want the *anticipated* issues that will come if I don't swap phones and billing starts doing what they are programmed to do and unlikely to handle the exception(s) well.

That' my current concerns in a (large) nutshell. As @Sprint_Danielle (https://community.sprint.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/3114324) is aware, the new phone appeared and now I also have the return kit.

Some action will be needed quickly to avert issues with the order/billing systems.
Highlighted
Journeyman

"using the Sprintzone app"

May not be convenient as the phone is my hot spot into my LAN and is not easily at hand. I tried a couple of the web-base things but one didn't work and the other just said I had good coverage. I'd really like one browser-based that gives me equivalent or even better functionality. Is there such?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

I'll like to look into this matter for you, however, in order for me to do so I'll like to gain access to your account. Can you please confirm the information requested above? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Requested info provided now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

From 03:30 EDT to now, with phone not under monitor, steady `-97 to -94 dBm readings seen with moderaate rain and heavy overcast.

Darn. I could swear I posted this already. Oh well, if so apologies to all.
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

We've got your private message and are reviewing. As soon as we have the answers you need, I'll be responding there. Thanks. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

It looks like "Fawlty Towers" are still "Faulty Towers". 13:15-14:20 5/21.

After runnng all morning "in the wild" (i.e. NOT under my monitor) with signal readings staying between -93 and -97 over a dozen or more checks, at about 13:15 I saw a reading of -127 and then -130 dBm. The latter is about the worst I can recall.

All connectivity between the internet and my LAN was lost. When this happens I noticed in the past that hot spot is turned off.

I moved the phone back under the monitor. When signal had come back up to -97 and then -93 I tried the usual connectivity tests (various pings) but they kept failing. This was because, as I then noticed, we kept losing connection to the network. This happened a half-dozen (or more - I failed to count) times.

While this was going on I kept checking signal and was seeing -100 (good enough to at least connect in the past and usually do something useful) to -93 dBm. All still under my monitor.

Even though many times everything suggested I was connected to the Sprint network, I could never get out to sites on the web with pings. Mobile hot spot was turning off again and again. I finally stopped watching the signal strength and just watched for hot spot being turned off.

Finally at 14:20 I turned off hot spot and fired up the satellite so I could have reliable connection and not lose even more data that I collect during the day.

SIM status showed -101/2 dBm, good enough I should have been able to do some work.

All connectivity had been lost from ~13:15 until ~14:25ish when the RELIABLE, but slow, sattelite, was up and running.

Color me ... what? Flustered? Disgusted? Both? Yep.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had decided not to switch out. With the results of my subsequent digging (see my latest post elsewhere this morning) I'm glad I did not. Problem hs been referred to network folks.

I also have much more information that I've had time to collate and post thus far.

So, let us now pursue returning the unopened phone and the return package such that those folks in order processing and billing can get this done expeditiously and to everyone's (including THEM and ME) satisfaction.

Who should I contact that might give heed enough to get it all done satisfactorily on the first attempt?

I ask THAT question because of experience in other areas so far and my time is increasingly constrained - no tolerance now for more false starts and wasted efforts.

Thanks.
Highlighted
Journeyman

OOPS! "... that I've NOT had time to collate ..."
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat